Charges Withdrawn against the five suspects in the Sept. 11, 2001, terror attacks

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/01/22/charges-withdrawn-military-commissions-sept-suspects/

this is not right.....what do you think

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:17 PM on Jan. 22, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• This is not the way to do this. giving them civil trails is just not right. They are conspirators and spies, they are not citizens who deserve this kind of treatment.

Currently no suspects stand charged in the terrorist attacks that killed nearly 3,000 people on Sept. 11. U.S. officials sent notification to Congress and families of 9/11 victims Friday afternoon. The order dropping charges was made Thursday.

There are so many 9/11 victims family members who do not want this. Why won't they listen to them!
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 6:40 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• Is it all about satisfying the bleeding heart far lefties? Hope it will be worth it
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 6:43 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• TN...there you go again trying to relate "Bleeding heart Lefties" to this situation. More name-calling . How narrow minded and stale is that argument. I am a middle of the road, sort of conservative when it comes to morals, but a little bit Liberal when it comes to social issues but I sure don'twant to see guilty people get off with a pardon. IF they are guilty. There WERE more than 5 suspects. We need to punish the guilty ones. We need to give the innocent a break. The courts and the prosecuters will decide, NOT YOU.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 7:25 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• Lindalu there is plenty of arguement for why this shouldnt be happening this way..but to get into it again and with YOU forget it lol...far leftist thinking is ridiculous and I just state so linda if you cannot stand it ohwell.
    So punish them per military trials..this is going to be a circus YAY give them the attention they seek allow them the chance to come here and relish in what they have done ..put the many famlies that do not at all agree with this through more bs..

No duh I wont get to decide..stating my opinion of it all means I think I get to decide? alrighty then...but frankley I think the famlies should get to decide.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 7:41 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• TN...there you go again trying to relate "Bleeding heart Lefties" to this situation. More name-calling . How narrow minded and stale is that argument

Yet so true.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 8:10 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• I heard on the news this morning that Gitmo will likely not close. Congress refused to allocate the funds to purchase the prison to move them to. If it closes at all it won't be until at least 2011.

Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 8:37 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• So, if I understand the article correctly, those men are at Gitmo right now, with NO charges leveled at them. And this is a normal procedure according to our DoD. So, why do I have a sinking feeling in my gut that something is going to go wrong with this?
    29again

Answer by 29again at 9:00 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

How is that different than how its been?
    Anonymous

• This seems very fishy to me, they are up to something you can bet...
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 11:16 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• How is that different than how its been?
    ---
    Don't they have charges on them (of some sort or other) when they are placed there? (If they don't, then my line of thinking can be ignored!!) I am going on the assumption that they do. So these 5 no longer have charges pressed on them, but they have a lawyer, so doesn't that open up a whole new can of worms that they are held while no charges are pending? Obviously, I don't know a whole lot about criminal law. And I apologize if I have everything all wrong, but I have only recently begun to pay attention to this stuff.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 11:21 PM on Jan. 22, 2010