If you are for same sex marriages...

do you think that churches should be allowed to refuse to perform the ceremony? Even if same sex marriage is legal?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:21 PM on Jan. 22, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I am all for same sex marriage. I am also for the church to refuse to marry anyone not just same sex. I don't think a church should be forced to perform a ceremony they think is wrong. On the other hand, I really don't see a normal couple(gay/straight) wanting to get married by a church that does not accept them for who they are.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 6:25 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• Of course.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 6:22 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• yes. Because then it is infringing on the churches rights. The whole separation of Church and state.

Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 6:24 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• Yes,because those are faith based.I don't think Justices of the Peace should refuse though.
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 6:25 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• Of Course. There are plenty of churches and denominations that would perform a gay wedding ceremony.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 6:26 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• Yes, I think it's one person's right to marry whoever they like!
    lovemytwinsters

Answer by lovemytwinsters at 6:27 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• No! Being gey is a sin.
    Anonymous

• No. Just because something is getting "mainstream", if you will, doesnt mean that traditionally bible following churches have to honor it. The bible clearly states its views on homosexuality. The bible clearly states support of a union between man and woman and its purpose.

As for our government honoring same sex marriage, I dont see why they dont, wether Im in agreement or not. You dont mix church and state right? Im confused on this one ........
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 6:30 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• No! Being gey is a sin.

That wasn't the question
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 6:32 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• Churchs should not and I am sure, would not be forced to marry gay couples. But I cannot imagine a gay couple trying to convince a church to marry them. What would be the purpose of that? A gay couple is going to know what church is welcoming and which ones are judgemental.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 6:33 PM on Jan. 22, 2010