what to do for a depressed dog?

My grandma just got sent to the hospital this last sunday. well she has 2 jack russells. my husband and i took them home with us just so they arent alone all day til the other lady came to let them potty and eat.
my grandma is going to be in the hospital for months and her female dog is already looking depressed. we are also 300 miles from her home. the dog has been sleeping most of the day..... and ideas how to make the dog happy???

bmdred

Asked by bmdred at 6:21 PM on Jan. 22, 2010 in Pets

• walks, playing with them more.. attempt to make a bond with them.

here is a website about depression in dogs.

http://www.ehow.com/how_2034691_treat-dogs-depression.html
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 6:26 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• o thanks!!!!
    bmdred

Answer by bmdred at 6:27 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• Awww, you're such a sweetheart...lol.. just love em and kiss em and rub their tummies a lot~!
    Anonymous

• Talk to a vet. I had this problem with my dog after I had our daughter. The dog may need an anti depressant. Good luck
    MLM0503

Answer by MLM0503 at 7:55 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• For my dog after her "sister" died she starting showing her 8 year of life. We uped the excersise and got her some meds for joint pain. She is back to her old whinny self. lol
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 10:28 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• Just make sure you talk to them and let them know she's coming back... and up the walks and play and everything...
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 2:54 PM on Jan. 23, 2010