Do you think you should have sex with your hubby even though you don't want it?

Ok here is the background, I work six days a week, we have four kids at home. I have no desire to be intimate at all, by the time bedtime rolls around I just want to sleep. My hubby says I should give him sex even when I don't want to just to please him, but yet if I am not into it and just lay there then he complains. So what does he want from me? I don't want to make myself do it and then not enjoy it! It has been over two weeks since we have had sex right now and he is hounding me to do it, but I just can't seem to get my libido in check!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:47 PM on Jan. 22, 2010 in Relationships

• I have noticed if I just relax and get into it than I enjoy it too. I don't ever regret having sex with my husband, even if I wasn't into it beforehand.
    Maybe there is more wrong in your relationship than what you realize. Maybe he is selfish in bed and you don't get pleasure from it. Maybe you don't know how to relax and enjoy sex. Whatever it is you two have to fx it or it will lead to much, much more problems.
    Anonymous

• you dont always have to, but i would occasionally. just pretend you are into it for him. if youve recently had a baby, then maybe thats why you arent into it right now. otherwise try to tell him to finish you first, then he can have some. hopefully you get your sex drive back. i think you will :)
    Anonymous

• Sex is an important part of the marriage contract. I would learn to compromise before he finds someone else who will give it to him. I'm not saying he will. I'm just saying that sometimes we have to do what we have to do in order to protect what's important to us.

Answer by admckenzie at 6:53 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• Introduce him to rosie palm and her five sisters.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:56 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• I have not recently had a baby, my baby will be 4 In march. He has been laid off since december and I work everyday now. But I come home and still have to do some cleaning and of course cook dinner. I just am not into sex at all and I don't know why. I am not on any kind of birth control or anything so that ain't hindering my libido! I just rather sleep then have sex!!
    Anonymous

• Sometimes yes. Sex is a part of marriage. Sometimes you have to fake it. But sometimes he needs to respect that you dont want it. It goes both ways.
    nsrush83

Answer by nsrush83 at 7:04 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• You should give a little bit, I'm not saying go out of your way to dress up or spice things up..be on top or oral on him if you're to tired.. but at least let him...? :) Usually if you keep alot of foreplay and alot of your 'into" it responses etc. it doesn't last that long anyway :) Good luck. And I would try to go with it and when you do feel good enough to want it spice things up, go to him etc. Like earlier poster said, you don't want him finding somoeone else. And the fact you posted this shows you care ;)
    Anonymous

• Talk to your dr. Mine gave me a cream with a low dose of testoserone in it. It worked.
    Anonymous

• Since he isn't working, you could mention to him that if the house were clean and dinner were made you would have more time for him!
    jiara1

Answer by jiara1 at 7:34 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• good answer jiara1! I'll bet if he held his end up with housework,your sex drive would come back full force!
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 7:53 PM on Jan. 22, 2010