Stripping Membranes

First off... No bashing me for asking this... I know what I'm getting myself into and how it works... My doctor and I have reasons for why I'm getting in due on Tuesday... I'm done alot of reading and talking to friends and family about this... but it's nice to hear from other women who have had it done besides the 4 people I know.

Did it work for you guys, if so... How long did it take for you to go into labor after?

and for the women that it didn't work... Did you get induced after or just wait it out?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:50 PM on Jan. 22, 2010 in Pregnancy

• i got it done at 38 weeks with my 2nd. again at 39 weeks... and 40.... and then finally i was induced after my 41 week check-up. so it didnt work for me. but it certainly wont hurt to try :) good luck.
    Anonymous

• I had it done with my daughter at 39 weeks, as soon as I stood up to get dressed my water broke. I would say it worked pretty fast...LOL
    LiLMcMama

Answer by LiLMcMama at 6:58 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• it worked for me. i was 38 wks 4 cm dialted 75% effaced. i went into labor 3 hrs later and i ahd her the next day. it didnt hurt at all
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 7:06 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• 48 hrs after thry stripped mine.
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 7:29 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• My Doctor stripped the bag of waters at about 2:30 in the afternoon and my daughter was born that night at 9:25 pm. It worked!It was a really fast labor.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 8:21 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• i don't have personal experience but the cochrane collaboration has a good article on it, how often it works and stuff like that.

http://www.cochrane.org/reviews/en/ab000451.html
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 8:54 PM on Jan. 22, 2010