What would you do if your 12 year old girl told you she would like to have sex?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:52 PM on Jan. 22, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• Lock her in her room for ten years

Answer by rkoloms at 6:55 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• Lock her in her room for ten years

my thoughts exactly
    lovemytwinsters

Answer by lovemytwinsters at 6:56 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• Bring up pictures of privates with STD's. And bring up statistics, like how many ppl have reported having various STD's. And watch her like a hawk!
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 6:57 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• Well I would first as her why she wants too, then I would go from there.

soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 6:59 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• ask not as
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 7:00 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• Speak to your daughter, speak with her doctor and find a family therapist. Ask your daughter why she wants to get sex and explain it's an important thing that should wait until she's older and/or marriage. Depending on your beliefs.
    happynewyorker

Answer by happynewyorker at 7:21 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• I would show her the STD's also and also a birth video! Also I would check out her friends and even talk to her teacher at school.
    Anonymous

• Lock her up for 8 yrs...or put her ass on birth control...hey...she came to you, she respected and trusted you enough to be open with you...that's a GOOD THING...she could have gone behind your back and done it and instead came to you saying she was pregnant...or has an STD..teach her to be responsible Mama. And NO, I don't agree with the concept of CHILDREN having sex...but IT'S HAPPENING PEOPLE~!
    Anonymous

• I would ask her what she knew about it and try to find the root of the comment. After that I would ask if she knows the possible outcomes of sex (I am assuming this child's parents at some point have had the sex talk with her) and what comes with them (pregnancy, stds ,reputation/disrespect from peers, having nothing to look forward to when she's actually OLD ENOUGH to enjoy sex...etc).

Of course all of this would have to wait until after I stopped hyperventilating and the ambulance left my house....
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 8:29 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• First, I would remind her that I hold the key to her chastity belt, and I'm not turning it over until she's like 40. Then I'll show her one of the birth videos where the mom doesn't have any drugs.
    Anonymous