What is the best way to teach my daughter numbers, shapes, and colors?

She will get what im trying to teach her and then the very next half an hour she acts as if she didnt respond the answer to me 50,000 times. Am i just teaching her wrong or is that her way of saying she really dont want to learn because she has to focus to hard? please all help and suggestions are wanted and welcomed..

ryahzMommy

Asked by ryahzMommy at 6:55 PM on Jan. 22, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I bought wooden blocks that were red, yellow, blue and green. They also had different shapes. I would show him a red block and ask him to stack the red blocks, ect. Same with shapes. Hes known all his colors for since he was almost 2. Play dough is a good way to. Let her play/feel it while she is learning..makes it more fun for her.
    nsrush83

Answer by nsrush83 at 7:02 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• How old is she? I just dscribe everything. Like "green peas" "red plate" "the plate is a circle" and trace the rim with my finger. that is what I do.
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 7:03 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• my dd is 34 mts. but she knows alot. she knows all her abc, shapes,colors and numbers 1-20. i used fisherprice.com.printouts i googled preschool learning. ncik jr .com
    starfall.com and others. i began to tach her ar 24 mts. she had all her stuff down by 32 mts. but fisher price printouts are great !!!
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 7:14 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• Books will help with what you mentioned. Is she in school yet?
    Anonymous

• games and songs work good!
    Jessycwr

Answer by Jessycwr at 8:48 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• what I did with my son was focus on one color and shape a week and I would dress him in clothes that matched the color for the week he doesn't know the alphabet yet we are working on it his sister taught him how to count to 10 not me
    mom2ryneandsam

Answer by mom2ryneandsam at 9:45 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• TOYS!
    secondtyme520

Answer by secondtyme520 at 12:29 AM on Jan. 23, 2010

• For colors I used CANDY. I bought m&ms or skittles and as I gave him 1 at a time I told him the name and made him repeat it before getting it. Next, he had to tell me what it was on his own to get it. He had is colors down in one day! (I also signed the color to him and made him do the same.)
    _Kitty_kat_

Answer by _Kitty_kat_ at 1:01 AM on Jan. 23, 2010

• i tought my son by puzzles i got a puzzle set of shapes and numbers and other things like animals! now i can point and ask him what it is and he can tell me im amazed how he knows what a hectegon is (sp)
    elias1mamma22

Answer by elias1mamma22 at 11:49 AM on Jan. 23, 2010

• my daughter is 3yrs old and i just use a notebook and draw shapes and I name them and she repeats after me and she knows 5 shapes, she gets the numbers 1,2,3, and 5,6,7,8 in a row were still working on it as well as abc's I have been buying stuff from the dollar tree like the thing's for teachers and it has helped...
    babycakeschris

Answer by babycakeschris at 10:12 PM on Jan. 24, 2010