How much do you get for child support and alimony?

I saw someone talking about how they couldn't live on the 1200 they get for child support and alimony. Our income is 1200 and we live on it. lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:12 PM on Jan. 22, 2010 in Money & Work

• I don't get that much for THREE children!

Answer by admckenzie at 7:22 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• everyone hasn't different living standards
    Anonymous

• plus, it depends on where you live. I live in NY and couldnt make it on that amount and we only have 2 kids.
    Anonymous

• My baby's father is on SSI, so he isn't legally required to pay child support. However, he gives me $25-$50 per month. I use it to help pay for diapers and things like that.
    Anonymous

• I get $600/month for 3 kids, no alimony.
    Anonymous

• I get 2800 a month in alimony and 2500 a month in child support. My ex said we made an agreement I would be a SAHM to our children and if I wanted to continue that he would make sure I could do that for our kids. His new wife hates this because he won't have kids with her had a vasectomy after our 2nd child was born. My ex makes 20k a month take home so this isn't much to him. My house is paid off so what I get is more than enough to pay the bills and for us to live well. I was a CPA and have kept my credentials could easily go back to work if things changed.
    Anonymous

• Were supposed to get $341.00 per month (one child)...but of course he doesn't pay it...but anyway thats what he was ordered to pay.
    Anonymous

• I have court ordered child support for my daughter of 851 a month her dad was making 80-100 thousand a yr I had to go through the attorney general in my state to enforce it and his wages were garnished but he quit he job so he doesn't have to pay my anymore
    Anonymous

• Really? If someone is on SSI, they don't have to pay child support? Geez..don't let that one get out...you know how many men would be going down to the social security office trying to act like something was mentally wrong with them? lol. For real, keep that one a secret!
    Anonymous

• anon 9:44, You do have to pay if on SSI, it wouldn't be much but you do have to pay. Approx. $100 a month.
    robyann

Answer by robyann at 9:59 PM on Jan. 22, 2010