What does a pinched nerve feel like?

Can someone explain to me what a pinched nerve feels like? I think I have one in my lower back, but I'm not sure. I remember what caused this pain: 8 years ago I was moving my bed, and it got stuck on the carpet, but I kept pushing, and I ended up feeling like I pulled or compressed something. Sometimes it acts up, but it's more frequent now since I had my daughter. It's a concentrated area in the lower right side of my back, and the pain radiates all the way to behind my right knee. Is that a pinched nerve or something else?

SlightlyPerfect

Asked by SlightlyPerfect at 7:36 PM on Jan. 22, 2010 in Health

• The last time I had a pinched nerve I could barely walk, and when I tried i was in tears. The doctor had me on muscle relaxers and pain killers for 5 days and all i could do was lay on the couch and cry it hurt so bad.

The pain was in my lower back and shot down my leg, it was constant and there was no position that would relieve the pain or make it more comfortable to deal with. I wish I could describe it better but the pain was so bad that i couldnt even really give the doctor a good description. I had to Ice it, heat only made it worse. When I did try to walk to the bathroom i was very shaky because just trying to move my legs hurt and my leg that had the shooting pain felt heavy.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 7:41 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• Oh, circus, so sorry to hear!!! I can still function, but I can't sit or stand in certain positions.
    SlightlyPerfect

Answer by SlightlyPerfect at 7:43 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• a chiropractor can help you with this, whatever you call it. you do not have to live in pain.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:18 PM on Jan. 22, 2010