Who is the disciplinarian? You or your husband or is it split?

Cafe Jenn

Asked by Cafe Jenn at 7:39 PM on Jan. 22, 2010 in General Parenting

• Me. My husband didn't realize how TV and the radio can cause a lot of problems with children. He does now. I won't stand for it. No crap TV and no crap music. He can listen to that when our daughter isn't there.
    MLM0503

Answer by MLM0503 at 7:40 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• I am!! My daughter just hit my husband in the face and he didn't do anything. She got a long time out and was told not to do that again. She got smart with me and got time out again. He will let her do what ever she wants and doesn't punish her. NOT M!
    happynewyorker

Answer by happynewyorker at 7:45 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• It's split, depending on who's home and who is busier at the moment. I'm much gentler than my dh, but I can be because I'm firm and they know I mean what I say. He's a lot of bark and very little bite.

Answer by missanc at 8:31 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• Mainly me but my husband does a good share as well. He mainly focuses on our oldest cuz he listens better to my husband.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 9:02 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• split. though it feels like it more me because I am home more. I know DH will always back me up.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:11 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• It's mostly split, but I'm probably the more authoritative parent...
    beadingmom17

Answer by beadingmom17 at 10:35 PM on Jan. 22, 2010