Papillon

I think these dogs are so cute. DH and I have talked about getting a small dog. There are not that many I like. I kinda prefer the cute girly looking ones LOL. Papillons, from what I have read are what I am wanting. The only thing is we have a 3 year old and I do not want to bring a small dog in the house until he is older.

I just want to know if anyone here has or had one. Anything you can tell me about them?

RaeLynn1221

Asked by RaeLynn1221 at 7:49 PM on Jan. 22, 2010 in Pets

• I am a registered Vet tech. They are great breed of dog. However small dogs tend to have severe dental issues, problems with their knees call luxating patellas. Its genatic. But other than that they are great. I think its a great idea to get a dog when your child is older. Because I see so many accidents due to small kids examples broken limbs, toes, choking puppies or kittens. Children dont understand to be gentle.

Danielle
    http://www.momsforahealthyhome.com
    ddsunshine

Answer by ddsunshine at 2:27 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• I think it depends on the child. We got a cavalier king charles when my son was 2. (and he is a big 2) He has done wonderfully with the puppy. He is very gentle though.
    kennethsmom910

Answer by kennethsmom910 at 3:32 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• I never heard of them dogs, lol thats the french name for a butterfly, when I seen the post I thought it was a butterfly question lol!
    MummaMel

Answer by MummaMel at 8:16 PM on Feb. 21, 2010