any medical professionals out there??

I keep getting warts, I dont know what to do. I got them when I was 10, they were all burned off and that was the end of that. well now 12 years later, they have resurfaced ...I had my daughter a year ago and stop breastfeeding a month ago. 5 months after I had her I started getting the warts again, and im talking about on my hands. Everytime I burn one off with the wart removers pads I think im free and clear and then a new one pops up on a different finger. All in total ive probably had 20 in the last 6 months. At current time I just had 3 new ones pop up..im sick of dealing with this and my doctor is no help, just tells me I have to keep burning them off..I cant live like this forever with bandaids all over my fingers..im sick of being a freak..

I want to try using zinc for my warts..as I read about the study reported in the British Journal of Dermatology about using oral zinc for recalcitrant warts. but my doctor told me

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:56 PM on Jan. 22, 2010 in Health

• no that hes never heard of that and too much zinc is dangerous..the clinical trial they used up to 600mg of zinc a day..but Fourteen of the 23 zinc-treated patients had complete remission of their warts after one month of treatment. Complete clearance of warts was noted in 20 patients after two months...NO ONE in the Placebo group showed ANY improvements..so why wont my doctor listen to me? this sounds soo promising and im sick of dealing with this problem
    Anonymous

• Too much zinc can upset the stomach a lot. If you start getting a tender tummy, stop the zinc supplement. Your body will flush out the excess before you become "poisoned." 600mg is not a whole lot. If you do get too much, you'll puke. You'll feel really bad and know it.

Lysine is an amino acid the body naturally makes. It helps us fight viruses. You might want to take 1000mg 2x daily with food to help fight this off.

Something is in your system causing this OR you have an unidentified sensitivity to something that causes this weird immune response. If the zinc and lysine don't help, I'd work on an elimination diet to pin point the biological stressor.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 10:44 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• could it be that my body was stressed from the pregnancy and then breastfeeding so my immune system just isnt at its fullest??? then after that I was under a GREAT and I mean GREAT deal of stress..to the point where I started having panic attacks, I was just put on medication for it. The doctor said all of the stress I was under and the situation I went through triggered my panic disorder..im hoping that now im on something it will help my body calm down and I can get back to being healthy again but thank you, I have some lysine I just bought and was thinking it would help! im glad you mentioned it. I will definitely start taking it
    Anonymous

• duct tape

Answer by rkoloms at 7:34 AM on Jan. 23, 2010