So upset when I saw this on TV yest (Dog Fighting)

Im a dog owner and lover. I have a pit bull which I adopted and an American Bulldog. Yest on that show the Insider they had a strory about dog fighting. I tried not to look but it was on a huge TV at the gym. They actually had a puppy on a treadmill. I was so upset I couldnt sleep. How can ppl be so rotten and cruel to those poor dogs. It is so sad. Not a question just wanted to get it off my chest. ;(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:01 PM on Jan. 22, 2010 in Pets

• I completely agree. I am so intensely against animal cruelty. People can abuse and starve animals and get off with only a $250.00 fine, when in my opinion, they should get prison time. It makes me sick. I've done a lot of research on puppy mills and the conditions the dogs are kept in, and it breaks my heart. I found out that the pet store I bought my own dog from gets all of their dogs from puppy mills, and while I don't regret getting her because I love her so much, I'll never, ever buy a dog from a pet store or a breeder again. I'll only go to animal shelters. I totally feel the same way you do on how sad it is.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 8:05 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• So many sick people out there! I tell my kids to watch out for monsters disguised as people.
    Anonymous

• OMG, the commercial for the SPCA shows such horrible treatment of animals, the first time I saw an image of a large amount of dogs cramed into a small cage, the look in their eyes, broke my heart, I cried. Or when they show the truckk knocking over the cow, OMG I cant stand it, I wish I could save them all. They are heartless, worthless, pieces of garbage.
    dharmagirl

Answer by dharmagirl at 9:40 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• Treadmills aren't actually bad for dogs, if they are used properly. Dogs that have had to be rehabillitated after an injury often are run on treadmills to regain their strength.

Some dog owners also use treadmills if the dogs are not getting enough outdoor exercise because of the weather, ill owners or so on.
    Acid

Answer by Acid at 11:12 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• I AGREE WITH U ALL THE WAY ! ! DAM SICK FUCKERS ! !
    Anonymous

• I agree with you. Some people can be such monsters. I have two Pit Bulls and I cry everytime I see something with dog fighting or somebody abusing any dog. I wish I could do something to help them all but I just know I can't and it breaks my heart.
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 4:00 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• It is a horrible thing to watch, and more and more people are doing it. They think they can make all the money they want and get away with it. Personally, I think more should be done to stop people from doing stuff like that completely.
    febmom007

Answer by febmom007 at 6:52 PM on Jan. 24, 2010