What do you think is a dumb reason for splitting with your husband?

My gf is seperating from her dh after 12 years of marriage and 15 years of being together, and her reason sucks, in my opinion. She says she's "outgrown him" and that she's not sure she wants to be married anymore. Out of the blue, just like that! I am floored! I have known the 2 of them since H.S. and they have an adorable baby son together. He is heartbroken and I feel bad for him and am starting to dislike her.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:48 PM on Jan. 22, 2010 in Relationships

• As hard as it is to watch something like it, you really can't do anything about it, so don't let it bother you for too long. But yes, it does suck. And no, it's not right.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 8:52 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• I hope that's not a decision that she regrets later on in life and it's sad that there is a child envolved. People divorce for dumb reasons and maybe there's more to it then what she's letting off. Vows aren't supposed to be taken lightly and that's kinda silly. If the baby is pretty new I'm kind of wondering if she has a form of post pardom depression. If I were here, I would go to a marriage counsler to find out why I was feeling that way and find a way to fix it. Some people can't stand having the comfort of a relationship and end up wanting to feel the "newness" again not realizing that it will never last forever, the newness always wears off. Regardless of what happens, try to keep your feelings in check and understand that this is between them and even if she's not making for a very good wife, your friendship is different.
    Anonymous

• maybe there are things she hasnt told you maybe shes found someone else.....dont get involved cause you will hate her and end up sleeping with her husband......good luck
    Anonymous

• She sounds very immature, and she is looking for the greener pasture, and she might find it but it is doubtful. The grass is always greener until you realize you have to water it and mow it. SHe will reap what she sows no worries.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 9:13 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• Saying she has outgrown him automatically makes me think she is seeing someone else. Someone who makes her feel good about herself, and listens to her...all that crap, ya know. I've seen it lots of times....and my money would be on that she has meet someone else.....it may not come out right away, but eventually it will. There's nothing you can do one way or the other to save her marriage, she has to want it.
    Anonymous

• If she feels she DID outgrow him, I think that's reason enough to divorce him. They met in HS right? Different people DO grow in different ways. But I do agree with the other's about not getting involved. If you really ARE her friend, support her because she's gonna need you.

jblueeyes228

Answer by jblueeyes228 at 9:47 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• maybe he is still stuck in his highschool life and buddies and she has "outgrown" him and wants to move on to bigger better things for herself.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 10:43 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• You don't live inside her head so you really shouldn't judge.
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 1:15 PM on Jan. 23, 2010