Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If my kids are 3 months and 3 years can they enter mexico with a birth certificate?

can it be the the one from the hospital or does it have to be certified?

Answer Question

Asked by skjervebabies at 9:00 PM on Jan. 22, 2010 in Travel

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (8)
  • certified and i think now you have to have a passport but for kids that age you can get them put on your passport

    Answer by cara124 at 9:04 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

  • They have to have passports.

    Answer by matthewscandi at 9:09 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

  • passports are required with pics of the kids (together with the parent pictured.) this is so kids cant be taken by one parent into another country without permission. i do think you have to have some form to be able to take a kid into other countries without both parents pictured and present (if they both have custody.) i would google it... i know there is a lot to it now. when i went to mexico last. i did so with just my birth certif. licence. marriage cert (for name change) but that was about 5 yrs ago.

    Answer by AmaliaD at 9:18 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

  • The babies will need a passport, if you are driving you can get the passport card which is alot cheaper but if you are flying you will need the passport book.. Also to get the passport you will need the state issued birth certificate and NOT the hospital issued... Passport laws just changed I think it was December 08. You also need a passport for cruises now.

    Answer by midnightmoma at 10:12 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

  • It depends on where in the country you are going. You can drive or walk across the board for the day or the weekend or even a month if you are staying close to the boarder. You only need a driver's license or birth certificates.

    If you go into the "interior" of the country then you need a passport. Last time I was there (driving), my passport wasn't checked until I was about 150 miles into the country.

    Answer by ecodani at 11:02 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

  • You need to get passports for them - especially if you'll be doing it more often. Best route to go.

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:24 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

  • You can get INTO Mexico easy peasy, its getting back into the US you need to think about.
    You need to visit a gov website for the current info.
    At one time there was a rule about vaccines on re-entering the US from Mexico and a passport is a must for anyone of any age.

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:58 AM on Jan. 23, 2010

  • Here is all of the information you will need. Everyone needs a passport, end of story.


    Answer by balagan_imma at 6:11 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.