I need a good book on how to raise a child with Asperger's.

I need a how to book. I just need help. I am drowning on my own.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:15 PM on Jan. 22, 2010 in General Parenting

• The Asperger's Answer Book: the top 300 questions parents ask By: Susan Ashley Ph.D
    Great DVD about ASD's including Asperger's--- TMC for Autism : Autism Spectrum Disorders: foundation for understanding what every parent should know--With Marion Joiner
    Parenting your Asperger child: individualized solutions for teaching your child practical skills By: Alan Sohn & Cathy Grayson
    Parenting a child with Asperger Syndrome: 200 tips and strategies By: Brenda Boyd
    Asperger Syndrome and your child: A parents guide By: Michael D. Powers & Janet Poland
    A mind apart: Understanding children with Autism & Asperger Syndrome By:Peter Szatmari

Those are just a few. My favorite was A mind apart it helped me understand Asperger syndrome. If I were you I would go online to the library and see what books they have and check them all out to see which one works best for you.
    cutie222

Answer by cutie222 at 12:42 AM on Jan. 23, 2010

• The OASIS Guide to Asperger Syndrome by Patricia Romanowski Bashe and Barbara L. Kirby (founder of the OASIS Asperger Website).

This book covers it all and is an excellent "how to" guide to get started with.
    Anonymous

• I dont know about books but the internet is a wealth of information. My ds is 10 years old with Asperger's. Send me a message if you'd like to talk!
    Melinda
    Melindakc

Answer by Melindakc at 11:11 PM on Jan. 22, 2010