Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

so he can just take my baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

my husband is a citizne of japan and he told me tonight if we ever split up he can go to japan with my son and never let me see him again and this would be LEGAL! i looked it up and sure enough its true. im so worried because my husband has a history of abusing me and im so afriad if we do split up he will take my beautiful son. what cna I do to protect myself just incase? anything I looked at the japanese childrens rights website and basically i could not click the links im so worried

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 9:20 PM on Jan. 22, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

Answers (15)
  • i dont think we will split up but just incase im so so scared we are going to japan in june what if he makes my son stay..i know it sounds paranoid but its possible my baby is only 1 year and i need him more than anything

    Answer by Anonymous at 9:22 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

  • I cant live without my son my husband and i are ok now hes not abusing me and we are happy but i cant help but be fearful

    Answer by Anonymous at 9:23 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

  • I would think since the child is not and a citzen of America you would be able to do something. I sure you that never happens and someone else would be better able to answer you question.

    Answer by Anonymous at 9:24 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

  • Hmmm sounds like you need a divorce and custody agreement right away. He is a bad man, and if you are getting divorced with custody issues he cannot leave the country with your son.

    Answer by truealaskanmom at 9:24 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

  • If he has a history of abusing you then your best bet would be to LEAVE NOW, find a shelter.. then call cps and tell them everything, they will help you get into court to establish custody.

    if not then you will always run the risk of him taking your son and not coming back.

    leaving is the only way to at least try and keep that from happening.

    Answer by tntmom1027 at 9:24 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

  • this happened to me my ex took my daughter for a visit and said I'm not giving her back and the police and child services and the courts said that since neither one of us had custody he could take her and they couldn't make her give her back to me I went through a 2yr custody battle to get my daughter back living with me he didn't take her out of the country just to another city in the same state and wouldn't let me see her cause he knew if I got her back with me I wouldn't let him see her again til I had custody of her

    Answer by Anonymous at 9:31 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

  • If you and your child(ren)'s father do not get along...and there is any fear he may take them out of the country..go to this website...

    My ex is Portuguese and I have a small fear that one day he will try and take my daughter away and there will be nothing I can do about it! But this website tells you how you can make sure that doesn't happen...If he tries to get a passport for you child they will alert you. I just found this and I thought it was great.

    Answer by Anonymous at 9:32 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

    Contact me, If you see my profile....

    Answer by SissyAnn141 at 9:35 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

  • the laws in america do nto apply my son is a dual citizen plus in japan they ALWAYS favor the japanese parent or even grandparent my ILS could easily take my son.My husband and I do love one another and he no longer abuses me ~AT ALL~ i just cant believe if he took him there would be NOTHING icould do.

    Answer by Anonymous at 9:36 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

  • I hate to break it to you but telling you that he can take your son and never come back is abuse he is using terror tactics to make sure that you stay in an unhealthy relationship. If you get custody of your son here in the US Japan will have to respect that, so in the end you are not to let him have your son alone, and the custody rules will state that your child is not to leave the county until at least 16 years of age. You need to wake up and realize he is not a good husband and that he is setting you up for him to steal your son away.

    Answer by truealaskanmom at 10:56 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.