Eczema?

What med do you use for it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:21 PM on Jan. 22, 2010 in Health

• I didn't use any meds. I tried EVERYTHING for my dd, I now use Burt's Bee's Baby Bee! It is the only thing that worked on her!! I put it on her with every diaper change and she no longer has the really bad skin!! She is smooth =-)...

For my oldest DD I went to a dermatologist because she had such bad eczema, and he told me to use Vanicream everyday, and that worked for her! Good luck!
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 9:26 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• There are a couple that I use if needed...
    1. Cordazone (sp) creme either rx or over the counter... over the counter works well and for the itching
    I will pick up and use at the same time an anti-itch creme...
    2. If mine gets to bad I will soak in an oat meal bath, you can either use plain orginal quaker oats or pickup
    some Avena (I believe that is what it is called, I use the orginal oats)

If you have cracking skin bc of it, talk to your dr... most lotions will make it worse is used...
    I have had it since the age of 6 mnths, tho most is gone now, I still have some areas that flare
    all the time... including scarred areas...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 9:30 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• my doc prescribed a topical ointment with steroids in it.
    Anonymous

• we don't use the cortazone or steriods. I find limiting their showers to under 5 minutes and warm not hot water helpful. My kids however just get patches about the size of quarters or smaller so for us it's manageable. We also make sure they stay hydrated and try to keep them from wearing clothes that overheat them. I also when their bad off (winter time) I use aveeno products or have them take a weekly bleach bath. I have found the eucerin cream not lotion works the best.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 12:01 AM on Jan. 23, 2010

• Eliminate dairy
    keep baths/showers short, cool and infrequent
    put coconut oil on the afflicted areas
    drink lots of water

Answer by rkoloms at 7:30 AM on Jan. 23, 2010

• Spectro Kids Eczema Care works wonders here.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 5:50 PM on Jan. 24, 2010