Wisdon Teeth

Have you got your widsom teeth cut out? Is everyone souppose to have this done? What happens and how bad does it hurt? One of my wisdom teeth is cutting into my mouth and causing a sore. It hurts pretty bad. Im so scared to have them cut out. Also I am breastfeeding my LO does that matter bc wont they put me on meds? Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:42 PM on Jan. 22, 2010 in Health

• most often you have to have them removed because they will cause your other teeth to shift and can cause excruciating pain. The only way to know for sure is to have a dentist take an x-ray. If they are impacted, then they have to actually cut in and get them out, otherwise I think they can just pull them. It doesn't really hurt all that bad to get done.............not much worse then any other tooth pull.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 9:45 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• My husband had his cut out when he was 17. They took xrays numbed him and cut them out. I forgot how long it takes maybe an hour? He came home and slept it off. You have to keep repacking your mouth with cotton to soak up all the blood that pours. They can give you the anesthetic it will be fine. As far as pain medication goes, they will probably prescribe you perkisat(sp) its fine for women to take that while breast feeding.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 9:45 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• ?? I dont have any... they tell me Im evolutionarily advanced.

Anonymous

• Mine were in horrid shape, pushing up behind my back molars. They never came through the skin so they had to be cut out, some bone was chipped away and they did some work to my back molars to move them back into position. I was only 17 when I had them done but they knocked me out to do it, gave me lots of good meds and I was at work the next day. I had disolvable stitches, no bleeding, mild discofort. My husband had them done in his mid-ish 20s, he had pretty much the same experience except his weren't as bad off as mine...doctor told him he had a huge mouth lol.
    Slinkee

Answer by Slinkee at 10:18 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• My husband and I both have our's. Mine will never need to be removed but my husband's might. They still haven't all cut through and he is 26. They cause us pain from time to time (from cutting through) but nothing major.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 8:58 AM on Jan. 23, 2010