Does anyone have friends who come across as TOO polite?

My best example would be, friends who you never quite get to know because they are constantly agreeable, seem to not have opinions, or never have gripes about Anything! I'm a venter and enjoy venting to my girlfriends. Some girlfriends I have make it seem like that is abnormal and that only happy things need to fill conversations. To me this is not "Real" life. The realities are, life can be hard and I think it's important to talk about these challenges with your friends.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:58 PM on Jan. 22, 2010 in Relationships

• no. I like hearing the good. I think it takes a while to warm up enough to someone to vent to them... unless it is just the silly stuff like too much laundry, and kid mishaps.

I think if I met someone and right off the bat they were telling me all their problems, I would have a hard time with that.

Unless I missed the point of the post.
    Anonymous

• I'm with anon10:02. I don't like griping to someone I don't know either because I don't want to burden people with my problems that I hardly know. Also, there are a lot of people out there who are up all the time and it's good to be around them because I know when I'm around people who are down, negative and complain about everything in life, it pulls me down too.

Anonymous

• Silly stuff is what I'm talking about! I actually have friends who don't want to talk about lifes little mishaps, it seems if they don't have it in their life, they don't want to hear it at all. Also, I'm not talking about brand new friends I just met, I'm talking people I've known for a year or more.- OP
    Anonymous