Do any of your kids have a cowlick?

My daughter has a HUGE cowlick right on the crown of her head. I can only style her hair one way, otherwise it'll look funny. She got it from her dad xD

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 10:06 PM on Jan. 22, 2010 in Just for Fun

• My boys all have a very strong swirl on the back top of their heads, and my oldest has a cowlick in the front. I had many growing up, one hairdresser counted 13... UGH. But no more, when I was 19 I shaved my head and no more cowlicks.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 10:09 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• My neice's cowlick is almost right by her forehead. Her mother has to put a ponytail where her bangs should be. I have no idea what she is going to do when she gets older! I feel so bad!
    hotmama404

Answer by hotmama404 at 10:09 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• I had a cow lick. I tried cutting it out twice when I was 4. No one told me what it actually was.....
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 10:22 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• My oldest son has two right in the top/back of his head. If we don't keep his hair cut down short he looks like he's trying to sprout angel wings out the back of his head.
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 10:29 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• My girls and I have them right in front, I have learned to train mine and the girls both seem to be ok with theirs.
    mepperly07

Answer by mepperly07 at 10:31 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• Yep - my son has one on his right side of the crown. My brother had 3 - poor guy, lol... now he just shaves his head :-)
    ratchetlee

Answer by ratchetlee at 10:31 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• yes...my son does but i always have the barber shave it down
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 10:35 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• I think his whole head is a cowlick. He has 2 options, buzz cut or Beatles style. Anything in between stick straight up in 8 different directions.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:39 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• Both of my girls and I have 2 of them- one toward the back of the head and one in the front on the right. But my in-laws all think it came from their side of the family (their grandma kind of had one) even though the girls' cowlicks are exactly like mine. lol

My mom always had me have bangs when I was little and she always parted my hair on the opposite side from the front cowlick. It just made it worse. When I got older, I found that it looked a lot better without bangs (even though I have a bigger forehead than some people) and part it right in the front cowlick. I do this with my girls too.
    Anonymous

• Both of my kids have two in the back of their heads, it makes their hair stick up. My daughter had a mowhawk for days after she was born because the nurse combed her hair back after her bath and I didn't realize until I washed it again that I could comb it down.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 10:42 PM on Jan. 22, 2010