36weeks and 5 days along swelling in legs feet and hands face sometimes with no high blood pressure.

I have really bad swollen ankles I didnt start this untile about a week ago in my 35th week they have actually told me that I hade low blood pressure but that was in my sec tri at the beginning of it or so but I just went last week and they didnt say it was high. I meant to talk about this with him but my doctor kinda threw a big one at me saying he isnt doing my c seation and I forgot I have another apt monday but mainly I wona know what is causing this should I be conserned more even with no high blood pressure? I also was woundering if theres anything you all have doen to make the swelling go down I been proping my feet alote it isnt helping. any info you know is greatly apperciated. thanks

honeysuckle09

Asked by honeysuckle09 at 11:36 PM on Jan. 22, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Well i went to an apt and hade my BP checked it was a lil high I told the doctor about my swelling feet and hands and in the end all I got was oooh well you just gotta put ur feet up when it gets like that. I mean are you kidding me he didnt even check nothing didnt see about my bp being up and walked out the door he said would you like to talk with the doctor who will be doing your c seation next month I said no I wont to talk with him today if you can. My ob isnt doing my c seation he's going on vaction again for the thrid time and this whole pregancie has made me feel like I am un important to him he didnt even look at my sugar record hes been making me watch. I actually got to listen to him about how I was taken my sugar to much and needed to stop taking it before and after I think before hand is good to know in how much it was before eating and what it rose to be. I am mad but maybe this is best having another doc.
    honeysuckle09

Answer by honeysuckle09 at 1:04 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• I had that with bothof mine and it was water retention and avoiding salty foods and drinking alot of water is a good start. I woudl go make sure that you don't have high bllod pressure but it sure soundslike what I experienced. Hang in there, with my last one I lost 35 pounds in a few days all water weight and baby.
    mepperly07

Answer by mepperly07 at 11:58 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• This is not meant to scare you.

My neice had her first three years ago. She was pregnant in summer and retained a ton of water but her blood pressure was always low. So she went in to have her c-section and I sent her boyfriend out to get something to eat. She asked me to take the baby and before I could even get across the room, she went into a grand mall seizure. It was among the scariest things I have ever witnessed in my life. I had to basically wrestle the baby from her that she was squeezing in her seizure. She came out of it about a minute later or so later, I had to leave the room with the baby. They stabilized her and everything is fine. She went on to have another baby in 2008. Her blood pressure was never high but tests showed she had developed pre-eclampsia which turned into eclampsia. Her BP at it's highest was 120/80.
    I tell you this so you can be careful. See if the doc will run blood tests for eclampsia.
    heatheryn

Answer by heatheryn at 12:11 AM on Jan. 23, 2010

• I agree with the above poster. I had preeclampsia and it sounds like you have the symptoms. They should do blood work and test your urine. I had my son at 36 weeks because of it and everything turned out great.

maxswolfsuit

Answer by maxswolfsuit at 9:54 AM on Jan. 23, 2010

• I have gestational diebietes and actually they have done a 24 hour protein test on me I have hade two at the beginning and another I took on jan 5th and I havnt heard anything about it since so I guess it was ok. they done blood work that day to. I went back two weeks after that one and hade an ultra sound done the doctor said a diebetic screening to the nurse and she told me I would be having an ultrasound done. I go back on monday for another ultrasound she weighed him last time he weighs 6lbs i was 36weeks and 2 days she said they wouldnt be weighing monday I was shoked that I gained 12lbs in 1 week I keep being told to watch what I am eating and not to over eat but to be honest I really done I am lucky to get half a plat down and I am full. My feet started this swelling not long ago around the tenth I think it would go up and down but latly i hasnt been wonting to.
    honeysuckle09

Answer by honeysuckle09 at 11:44 AM on Jan. 23, 2010

• Go somewhere and get your BP checked. I gained 9 lbs in one week and they rushed me to the hospital.

maxswolfsuit

Answer by maxswolfsuit at 12:15 PM on Jan. 23, 2010