teens...how did you tell your parents??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:39 PM on Jan. 22, 2010 in Pregnancy

• i was in college, so it was over the phone.....she didnt talk to me for 3 days
    secondtyme520

Answer by secondtyme520 at 11:40 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• About what pregnancy? I told my mom when I asked her to buy my test. I wrote my dad a letter and gave it to him. I did that because I knew if I was having to say it out loud he wouldn't understand me through my tears. I was sitting beside him while he read it.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 11:41 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• I wasn't a teen, I was 20, but I told my parents through an e-mail while I was away at college. I figured it would be the best way to get everything out that I wanted to say without being interuppted and without all the emotions getting in the way. Its different for everyone though. You should just do whatever you feel your parents will respond best to and tell them in the most productive way you feel possible. Make sure you have a plan about what your going to do, ie. keep the baby, or give it up for adoption, and put yourself in their shoes. Obviously they aren't going to be happy about it but THEY WILL GET OVER IT! That is the most important thing to remember. Telling them is the hardest part of the whole thing...yes even harder than labor. Don't be disrespectful to them and just take their yelling or whatever they say with your head up and mouth closed for the most part. Good luck!
    Anonymous

• i was marry . i was 19. anyways my sister was 16. she didnt tell my mom. she packed her bags and left the country . then my dad called my mom from colombai and told her.( she was scare my mom would make her have an abortion) she came back at 7 mts preggo. my niece is 11 yrs old
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 11:51 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• Well i have four parents.. they all found out different ways.. i told my mom over the phone because she lived in another state but i told my step dad and dad right to their face over breakfast one morning.. i was 18 already engaged.. they were happy
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 12:02 AM on Jan. 23, 2010

• i didnt...i found out i was pregnant at 5 weeks..exactly one week later my mom came up to me and asked me if i was...she had a hunch that i was...and she was right...damn mothers intution!! lol..and yaaaaa she wasnt to happy...i got pregnant by my boyfriend on our 2nd date...we broke up when i was 10 weeks into my pregnancy..go figure...lol
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 12:09 AM on Jan. 23, 2010

• I peed on the stick, and once the positive turned up, I went to her room and showed it to her. She asked me how I was feeling, recommended a doctor, helped me get insurance info, and then went to the doc with me. This was just a few months ago, i'm 18. She's been happy, she even has pet names for the baby. "Newbie" "Peanut" so on.
    Pandapanda

Answer by Pandapanda at 1:25 AM on Jan. 23, 2010

• I was 14. I didn't tell them. My mom's friend snitched and told my mom that my sis stole a pregnancy test for me. My mom made me take it with her there.

BIMOM21

Answer by BIMOM21 at 1:42 AM on Jan. 23, 2010

• i told my mom when i couldnt hide it anymore- belly kinda gives it away. she was mad but i told her she just had to get over it, shes not the kind of mom that really cares alot so i told her its kinda late to start to worry about it now cuz its done.
    ashleywilkerson

Answer by ashleywilkerson at 1:53 AM on Jan. 23, 2010

• 16yrs told my mother and she refuse to blve it - so i had the nurse write note lettin her know i was she talk to my stepdad they told "abort it or get out" so i walk out wit my toothbrush. my stepgrandma made them tke me bck bcse i was minor & needed their help so we move to LA but they didnt even talk to me for almst 4mnths, they didnt let me see a dr, until i develop kidney stones & took them 3days bfre they brought me in i got hospitalize over a wk and then after gttn out they lecture me how much that was gnna cost them so i runaway bcse i was depress & lonely, sad, etc. mve bck to WI to the babys daddy, my mother call me when i was 8mnths preggo she started callin me mkng sure i was ok i kept her updated then she met her grandchild lil bfre he turned 1yr over a wknd half way she lives on LA me in WI. 2nd chld i was already on a diff safe relationship and i was 18yrs. she took it well wit that one.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:41 AM on Jan. 23, 2010