Lost

I dont know what to do. My husband feels like I don't want him to have friends anymore, which couldn't be further from the truth. I just want him to have friends that understand he isn't some wild bachelor anymore. A good portion of his old friends don't even like me, or the fact we are married. And now out of the blue one of them, and another that has been trying to hook DH with their sister for years, wants him to come hang out without me. I dont feel its appropriate. He has other friends, Idc if he goes with without me. But he wants to blow up about this. I just feel like I should give up and let him do as he pleases, it just doesn't seem worth making my feelings known cuz he doesn't seem to listen.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:43 PM on Jan. 22, 2010 in Relationships

• I would continue making my feelings known. He has to stop and listen one day!
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 11:45 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• honey u should keep talking until u r blue in the face and dont just talk put ur foot down. i wouldnt give a crap about them being his old friends...old habits die hard. any man that tries to hook my HUSBAND not boyfriend up with anyone else probably would have had his head ripped off lol! but on the other side, do you trust that he wouldnt take the bait from his friends? if u truly do then u shouldnt have much to worry about, but thats easy to say to a bunch of drunk old college buddies right!
    secondtyme520

Answer by secondtyme520 at 11:51 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• Thats the biggest problem. The trust just isn't there..he hasn't exactly been faithful.
    Anonymous

• Ugh, I had that issue for a while. Eventually tho, he realized those old friends werent really friends since they werent nice to me, the person he loves - he fianlly let it (and them go)
    _Kitty_kat_

Answer by _Kitty_kat_ at 11:56 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• Since he is not being faithful its time to talk to him about whether he is being serious about marriage....

Nothing wrong with having friends but when we go thru the changes in life we pick up new and better things along the way, so the friends who want to exclude you out of everything, trying to hook him up with someone else knowing he has a wife are really not friends and he should take time to listen to what you have to say or one day he can find himself by himself.

You should not have to be 3rd in line to your husband.

Anonymous

• Why don't you look 4 some nice couple friends. Then all four of you can plan an evening out together, or you can visit at your home or theirs. You could watch a movie, or game, have dinner, play a game, or just visit and have a couple of drinks. Rather then fighting about it. Just invite a nice couple over, and let your husband know friends are coming on Sat. Maybe when he has fun time with you and friends, he won't want to go out alone. If he does go out alone, tell him, you can go fishing/hunting etc, but not to bars w/Single friends (or whatever criteria you want to set). That way he can still go out provided he respects some ground rules, and of course you will respect those same rules on those nights you go out with your girl friends.
    moneymagnetmom

Answer by moneymagnetmom at 1:38 AM on Jan. 23, 2010

• That's bullshit imho...you are his wife...I would never be with a man that excludes me from things...if you aren't welcome to join his friends then he shouldn't go off with them either. not cool.. but that's just the way I roll...why are women so fkn insecure these days?...men will treat you like crap if you don't step up and let them know your worth.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:34 AM on Jan. 23, 2010

• hon, if hes not faithful the problem isnt his pals, its him. I think you need to move on. find a guy who deserves you.(hugs)
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 9:04 AM on Jan. 23, 2010