Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My husband wants another baby... what do I do????? HELP!

My hubby and I have a 3 year old daughter who will be 4 in September. My hubby has been begging me to consider having another baby. He is dying for a little boy but I am not so sure I want to be pregnant this year.

He says that it would be better to have our kids closer in age if we have a baby this year rather than wait next year and let them be five years apart.

I really don't know what to do. I am only 28, juggling my job as a real estate agent and trying to be a mom.

What do I do? I don't want problems in my marriage.

He wants a baby now... should I give in?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 11:50 PM on Jan. 22, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

Answers (5)
  • you do what you ultimately feel is right. if u are planning on having a baby in the future, then u will still have to worry about being a real estate agent and a mom only your daughter will be a little older. if u were already planning on it, it may not be that much different to do it a little sooner, you will still run into the same obstacles.

    Answer by secondtyme520 at 11:54 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

  • you need to work it out together.
    personally i do not think 4 years is "close in age". my older sister is 4 yrs older then me and my younger brother is 3 years younger. Not very close in age at all.
    my boys are 13 months apart. THAT is close in age. lol
    Also, TTC could take a year ...or more.

    Answer by outstandingLove at 12:07 AM on Jan. 23, 2010

  • I think the time is never completely right. If we all waited until we could afford children, very few would get born. I have 3 who are close in age, and it is great. They were company 4 each other, and are still close. My youngest is 5 years younger then her sister. They have nothing in common, and except for enjoying her as a baby. She really wishes she had a closer sibling. I think if you got pregnant now, your daughter would already be 4 before the baby would be born, and who knows maybe you would take a few months to conceive and your daughter would be 41/2. I think you should really consider your husbands request. Just give him baby duty if you need time to be out of the house for real estate. Just think of all the contacts you will meet at the OB who will need a bigger place to live. :)

    Answer by moneymagnetmom at 1:30 AM on Jan. 23, 2010

  • I say do it, we all can come up with reasons why now is not the best time, but that never stops and then in a few more years you will realize what you have done, 4 years is still pretty far apart but I wouldnt want to go further than that, they wont have anything in common at al ever, and it wont be a fun sibling environment, they would only go to elementary school together, it just won't be fun, so I say do it.

    Answer by truealaskanmom at 7:36 AM on Jan. 23, 2010

  • i kno last year my hubby was like have one now have one now!! and i kept changing my mind and going well i wanna do this and this first but now i feel ok with having one. i dont think there is a problem with holding off til you feel right.

    Answer by bmdred at 1:18 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.