Ummm this is weird TMI issues Need help ASAP

There's this spot "down there" that is starting to look like a staph infection. I have genital herpes but it doesn;t look or feel like that. Both my aunt and my grandma have staph infections. Could I have gotten it from shaving if they used my razor? Worse could it cause harm to my unborn son if I gave birth vaginally?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:57 PM on Jan. 22, 2010 in Health

• Sounds like you need to get to your doctor asap.
    mepperly07

Answer by mepperly07 at 12:00 AM on Jan. 23, 2010

• If you shared a razor with someone, that can definitely spread a skin infection. You should talk to a doctor about it and make sure you get it treated asap if it is a staph infection. IDK if a vaginal birth would pass it to the baby, but I suppose it's possible if you don't get it treated.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:01 AM on Jan. 23, 2010

• You should see your OB. You may need medicine for it. Staph is very contagious so you could have gotten it from the razor.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 12:01 AM on Jan. 23, 2010

• (OP here) My grandma has been using my hygiene items without my permission and it is starting to worry me. I thought earlier that it might be the virus but it is nothing like a normal outbreak. I plan to call Monday unless it gets much worse. Unfortunately he doesn;t have an after-hours line. You just get the hospital and they won;t tell you anything.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:15 AM on Jan. 23, 2010

• yes you can get it from them and yes you need to go to the doctor NOW!! i have a cold sore on my mouth and i dont share anythign with my hubby til its gone. the staph infection can stread through out your body and kill you.
    Anonymous