What were your signs labor was nearing.. and how long after you noticed them did you go into labor?

mommacierra

Asked by mommacierra at 12:02 AM on Jan. 23, 2010 in General Parenting

• Contractions getting closer together like every 10 to 15 minutes for several hours, my first took 12 hours from start to birth and the second was stubborn and so was I and took 2 days of enducing and epideral.
    mepperly07

Answer by mepperly07 at 12:04 AM on Jan. 23, 2010

• My mucus plug came out at 4pm and I had my first contraction at 7pm. Ds was delivered at 610pm the next day.
    MiSs.SmOkEy

Answer by MiSs.SmOkEy at 12:04 AM on Jan. 23, 2010

• Mine started with hard contrax 4 or 5 min apart, and then I had terrible cramps and diarrhea, back ach, shaking, sweating and puking. My water broke while I was throwing up and my mucous plug came out then too. It was a little scary how super fast mine was, but I know it's not that way for everyone. After the first contraction, it was less than 5 hours till birth.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:13 AM on Jan. 23, 2010

• Cramps in my back about every 10 minutes for several hours before. The only other signs that it was nearing was a lot of prelabor (pretty much BH contractions, but more painful), and really sore hips and pubic area. But that started about 6 weeks before I gave birth.
    tyrelsmom

Answer by tyrelsmom at 12:49 AM on Jan. 23, 2010

• My first two started with cramps and regular Braxton Hicks contractions every 8-10 minutes or so for hours, I also had diarrhea and lost my mucus plug, all of that was early labor. I had my first about 28 hours after all of that started, and my second about 12 hours later. Now I'm 6 days overdue with my 3rd, I don't know what's going on it seems like I've been having signs off and on for weeks and nothing is happening. I think this baby just isn't coming!
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 6:11 AM on Jan. 23, 2010

• I didn't know I had signs until I looked back. I'd been having contractions for maybe 2 weeks. They just feel like the baby kicking me, so I didn't think anything of it. The day I had my baby, I didn't eat much. I would usually put back a full foot long and chips from subway. But that day I couldn't even finish a 6 inch. I made dinner and took about 2 bites. I just wasn't hungry. Then at 11 pm my water broke and almost 3 am baby was here. I didn't even realize I was having contractions until after they hooked up the monitors and told me!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:33 AM on Jan. 23, 2010