Warning to people who DONT want to learn spanish.

Did you know that apparently makes you racist now?
I said that I dont approve of being forced to learn spanish as I was in grade school.
So I refuse to speak and refuse to let my kids learn it.
SO now according to someone that makes me racist.
WHAT IS WITH EVERYONE CALLING EVERYTHING RACIST????????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:13 AM on Jan. 23, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I grew up in So. California and we were encouraged to learn Spanish, I decided that french would be more fun. I took Spanishin college and honestly cant remember any of it and would never use it now that I live in another state. It is not racist to not want to learn it, depending on where you live it could mean the difference between getting or not getting a job. If you live in an area where you dont need it then there is no reason you need to learn it unless you want to, However in high school you have to learn a language so your kids may have limited options on which ones they can take.

3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 12:20 AM on Jan. 23, 2010

• It doesn't make you racist, but it's impractical and just dumb.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:15 AM on Jan. 23, 2010

• its not racist but it sounds stupid! why wouldnt u want you child to be cultured about other languages?? some kids actually like learning other languages i didnt like spanish but i loved german and latin.....dunno what ur beef with it is but it sounds personal....like, leave ur kids out of it and let them learn another language
    secondtyme520

Answer by secondtyme520 at 12:16 AM on Jan. 23, 2010

• No it isnt "impractical" or "dumb" Why should spanish be the only language forced on people? Why should it be the only that we have to learn? What about all the other countries in this world? You dont see Commercials saying YES WE SPEAK GERMAN!!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:16 AM on Jan. 23, 2010

• My children will learn OTHER languages
    SPANISH IS NOT THE ONLY FREAKING OTHER LANGUAGE
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:17 AM on Jan. 23, 2010

• Thanks 3 ring circus I would rather my kids learned languages tho that not everyone already knew. IMO that makes better for job preferences ya know :)

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:22 AM on Jan. 23, 2010

• It isn't racist, but to flat out refuse to allow your kids to learn it is just silly. What if they want to learn that language? What is it about Spanish that you despise so much?
    sandra1023

Answer by sandra1023 at 12:22 AM on Jan. 23, 2010

• Spanish is "forced" on our children in this country because is a common second language. It's not racist for you to not want to learn Spanish, but are you refusing just based on a stubborn principle or do you have justification? Would you feel the same way if it was French or Japanese being "forced" on this country's youth?

I'm all for my kids learning a second or third language and to learn about other cultures, both those that border our country and those that are across the globe. But, that's just me raising mine outside of a bubble. :-)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:23 AM on Jan. 23, 2010