How do you deal with being a single mom, and being in love with the father of your child who does not want you in return?

I realize that numerous moms go through this situation, and I'm sort of new to it being recently separated from the father of my child. I'm having the most difficult time accepting the fact that the father of my child does not love me or want to be with me in return. I am not married, but I am afraid that I'll never find a man who is accepting of me having a child. I have a wonderful son to show for everything, but its just so difficult to know that the man I love, and my son's daddy is going to find someone else to make him happy and to be in my son's life. Knowing that I am in love with him and I can't be with him, yet I have to raise a child with him and watch him be with other women for the rest of my life just rips me apart. How do separated couples and divorced couples deal with this???? Any advice, personal experiences or positive words would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you so much...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:16 AM on Jan. 23, 2010 in Relationships

• message me, i dont have enough room to fit all of my drama!
    secondtyme520

Answer by secondtyme520 at 12:22 AM on Jan. 23, 2010

• pls msg me fast i could fill a book honey i understand what u r goin thru!
    secondtyme520

Answer by secondtyme520 at 12:23 AM on Jan. 23, 2010

• I moved away. He was living with his secretary who was preggo with his child. My DD had just turned 1. I cried constantly. I couldn't sleep. I couldn't eat. So I moved to Jersey with my mom. I'm from NC. When I got here I met the greatest guy ever. He loves my DD and me and would do anything for us. I thought no one would want me with a child and I was so wrong!!! Here I am with 4 children now and happily married and I've never looked back. Theres someone for everyone. Don't dwell on him, you'll drive yourself crazy. You're so much better off without him and you deserve the best. Keep your heard up and just focus on you and your DS. He needs you and you need to love yourself and a better man will come to you. Brush this off and keep moving forward! BIG HUG FROM ME2U :)
    Shyma

Answer by Shyma at 12:37 AM on Jan. 23, 2010

• I am going through the same thing right now. I am pregnante but The man I love married somebody eles and doesn't want anything do our child, yet he takes care of his wife kid. I am redirecting my love for him into my child. I am hopeful that I will find somebody eles later but if I don't I still have my kids who love me unconditionally.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:45 AM on Jan. 23, 2010

• I had three kids with an abusive man who told me that NO ONE would ever want me... I divorced him and got back into touch with my high school sweetheart who promptly asked me and my kids to move in with him. 8 years later we have a 6 year old son but decided today that neither of us are happy and need to move on. The kids and I will be fine. You really do not need a man in the picture and sometimes it is much easier to raise your child alone as you have no one telling you their thoughts and beliefs on how you should do this or that....  I do know the lonliness factor as my youngest dad has been away working for much of his life and now we are going our own ways.  Things will work out for you, you do not need a man in your life to make it.  Your child will eventually see all that you have done for them and love you all the more for it.  Hang in there!

ceresa

Answer by ceresa at 12:55 AM on Jan. 23, 2010

• fosus your enegry on your lil one....thts what I do
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 1:01 AM on Jan. 23, 2010

• well my husband has a lil boy with his ex... they broke up because he caught her in bed with another guy. years passed and she hates it that i'm happily married to him and with a new baby boy she use to stalk me, talk crap ect..... its not my fault she cant stop being trashy.
    well my brother married someone with 4 kids he loves those kids more than anything in the world.

so dont worry you'll find the right guy better than your ex things happen for a reason.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:24 AM on Jan. 23, 2010

• (hugs) thats all. just (hugs) there are good men out there who will love you and your child..I know, I am living with one :)
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 8:56 AM on Jan. 23, 2010

• mesaage me and we can talk more....I just experienced a similar situation. My husband and I have been together for 7 years almost and have a 6 yr. old DD, he up and leaves us last weekend, wont talk to me, left me with a mortgage, bills, everything and no money and no explaination. I am heart broken too over what is happening and cant think straight, I could go on and on, I must go for now, but please message me and maybe we can help each other thru this, because I am in the same boat as you. Heartbroken, devastated and alone...
    Am19v

Answer by Am19v at 12:34 PM on Jan. 23, 2010