Does anyone else feel like there hip pops when they walk, my hips also hurt when I sleep

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:34 AM on Jan. 23, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I had hip issues with both of my pregnancies. It's pretty common and it's part of your body getting ready for labor. With my last pregnancy, it was really bad and I brought it up to my OB and he referred me to a physical therapist and that helped out a great deal!

nwdeserangel

Answer by nwdeserangel at 12:49 AM on Jan. 23, 2010

• I had terrible hip & back pain and my joints clicked and popped during the end of my second pregnancy. My midwife suggested and chiropractor and it worked wonders!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:53 AM on Jan. 23, 2010

• Yep it is from ligaments stretching it is horrible go to the chiropractor it is wonderful helps soooooooo much
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 4:13 AM on Jan. 23, 2010

• yep i have it, its called symphysis pubis dysfunction,
    u can read about it on this web site: http://www.babycenter.com.au/pregnancy/antenatalhealth/physicalhealth/pelvicpain/

i never had it with my first baby but got it with this one, best advise is to just take it easy, rest often :)
    sarahandmark09

Answer by sarahandmark09 at 7:59 AM on Jan. 23, 2010

• Yep. My hips were popping in and out of the sockets with each step in the last months of my pregnancies (it got worse with each pregnancy). Once the ligaments start stretching out there's nothing keeping the joints together for me. It was very, very painful and made walking almost impossible. My kids basically took care of me the last few weeks of the pregnancy because it was all I could do to get to the bathroom down the hall and I cried all the way there and back.
    Not looking forward to getting to that point this time around. Blah.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 12:09 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• im not preg but my hips hurt a lot still and pop when i walk. lol.
    bmdred

Answer by bmdred at 1:25 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• Yup, I have that same problem. Try putting a pillow under your hips when you sit, and when you go to bed, put a pillow between your knees. It'll help with the pain when you are trying to sleep, trust me. I don't really have any advice on making it hurt less throughout the day, though, sorry. I'm still trying to find something to help. Just try to stay off your feet. :)
    laird6372

Answer by laird6372 at 7:15 AM on Jan. 24, 2010