Name 3 baby products you can not live without!

I'm working on my baby registry. I wanted to know everyone's top 3 must have baby products to give me ideas on what to register for. Also if you can think if anything you bought or recieved as a gift that was a complete waste of money let me know! Thanks!

Court128

Asked by Court128 at 12:35 AM on Jan. 23, 2010 in Pregnancy

• full swing, bouncer, exersaucer(or something similar) anything that the baby will like as much as being held lol! now u should next ask what 3 things could u have done without! like i never used my monitor (small house), used the baby sling only twice (had a stroller that was better), and bottle warmers (just a few secs in the microwave will do)
    secondtyme520

Answer by secondtyme520 at 12:40 AM on Jan. 23, 2010

• Diapers, wipes, babywash, carseat, recieving blankets, passy, baby oil, rubbing alcohol and cotton balls, qtips, onesies, burpcloth, breastpads, I know it's more than 3.... whatever! lol
    Shyma

Answer by Shyma at 12:41 AM on Jan. 23, 2010

• Diapers, diaper powder, and boppy
    DilsMommy

Answer by DilsMommy at 12:42 AM on Jan. 23, 2010

• Stuff I would never want to be without:
    Snappi closures (for cloth diapers)
    my sling and an Ergo back pack carrier
    a bunch of re-usable cloth nursing pads
    infant car seat snuggie thing (covers the whole bucket carrier part and has a little hole for their face to peek out, so great for winter babies in cold weather climate)

Total waste of money:
    wipe warmer
    diaper genie, they stink anyway and refills are not worth the money. We just tied each nasty diper into a plastic grocery bag
    dining room splat mat for under the highchair (not big enough, annoying to clean. just get a dollar store shower curtain if you can't put the high chair over wood or tile flooring)
    giant little tykes high chair (we took it back and bought one that straps onto a regular chair, costs way less and takes up no extra space)
    stupid foam visor for keeping shampoo & water out of their face during bath - didn't work, and the kids HATED it
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:51 AM on Jan. 23, 2010

• Um practical things or big things you need all the time? I breast feed, cloth diaper. i dont use bottles. so i cant really say for those things. Cheap burp cloths, car seat, cloth diapers... but thats just me.
    aeroslove

Answer by aeroslove at 12:57 AM on Jan. 23, 2010

• Swing, moses basket, and his fisher price jungle music box that goes in the crib.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:02 AM on Jan. 23, 2010

• I loved my snugglie. It is like a backpack that you wear in front. (not a sling). It had a seat with three levels. As the baby grows you move the seat down by unsnapping and resnapping. I could grocery shop etc. with my son as a newborn. He was all snuggled in and being next to my heart, he would usually sleep. I did not have to carry that big heavy car seat in the store, or push the stroller and my cart at the same time.

Every parent I asked said get a swing. I did and it was great.

I also used Kooshies which are cloth diapers with the rubber pants built in. I bought 20, and they lasted me 3 kids from 2 weeks to 9 months. I loved not having to buy diapers, and I never had diaper rash.
    moneymagnetmom

Answer by moneymagnetmom at 1:03 AM on Jan. 23, 2010

• cloth diapers because the "burp cloths" are so small they do nothing! Disposable diapers and wipes. After that comes the baby wash and all breastfeeding necessities. I had to ween early with both my kids but the boppy was great, I am going to try the My Breast friend nursing pillow this time around.

Good luck!!

PS I never used my moniters either, no point in them unless you live in a 3 story house and always put the baby for a napon a separate floor. My kids always napped in the same room or adjoining room or in the sling while I worked around the house.
    MamaCass05

Answer by MamaCass05 at 1:05 AM on Jan. 23, 2010

• My Over The Shoulder Baby Holder sling. I LOVE it, and it was such a godsend when my daughter had colic (not that you should expect that!).

My other two are diapers (obviously). I like cloth diapers, but disposables are nice sometimes too (totally up to you). You can never have too many, if you register, register for both newborn and size 1 in disposables, or for extra-small and small if you're going for cloth. And the other is baby blankets. They're great for swaddling. I like the knitted and crocheted ones that friends and family gave us for our daughter because they're warm and stretchy, perfect for swaddling, but they're not so hot that you can't just use them as a light blanket in the summer time.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 1:22 AM on Jan. 23, 2010

• mobile. the kind with batteries. never failed to get her to sleep when nothing else would.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:28 AM on Jan. 23, 2010