Am i the only weird one? hairs dont grow on my legs during 3rd trimester lol

Before pregnancy i would shave every week in a half because they dont grow so fast at all. During 1st and 2nd trimester they would grow after 2-3 days! so i quit freaking shaving LOL Now that im 30 weeks and in my 3rd trimester my hair is not growing at ALL. is this normal? kinda weird.
Did this happen with you?

aeroslove

Asked by aeroslove at 12:50 AM on Jan. 23, 2010 in Pregnancy

• never heard of that but that doesnt mean anything. Are you still taking your vitamin? I know My hair grows super fast but never noticed it to stop or slow down. I get hair on my stomach and breasts, not gross manly looking hair but the peach fuzz thats all over your body gets longer in those areas for me. Ask your doc next time you go in or google it. Maybe try babycenter.com or what to expect when you are expecting.
    MamaCass05

Answer by MamaCass05 at 12:59 AM on Jan. 23, 2010

• I dont see a Ob, i have a midwife and i dont take prenatals... They make me break out and constipated. i dont need them really. please do not bash. I eat a ton of green vegetables, i eat fruit, i work out, walk etc. I only take Vitamin D3 and vitamin c. I could ask my midwife, but not until she comes to my house in feb for my next prenatal.
    aeroslove

Answer by aeroslove at 1:05 AM on Jan. 23, 2010

• Your hair can stop growing if you are getting mal-nourished. I would definately bring it up to your midwife when she comes just to make sure.I definately would not bash you. I wish I could have a midwife and all that stuff, home water birth and all that but I do not have the resources and my insurance probably wouldnt cover anything. If the prenatals do that to you you can try childrens Flintstones vitamins only you would take two a day. I had to do that with my son because the constipation got so bad. I would this time but the extra money to go out and get them is not something I have. I get my vitamins free from my docs office and just have a glass of prune juice or apple juice every day. I hope you figure it out and that you and baby are healthy. Congrats!!
    MamaCass05

Answer by MamaCass05 at 1:21 AM on Jan. 23, 2010

• lol - lucky you. As my pregnancies all progressed, it was as if my body de-evolutionized. The hair on my legs just came in thicker and darker and coarser - it was horrible!!!
    samf828

Answer by samf828 at 1:23 AM on Jan. 23, 2010

• Well, you lucky duck! I'm a hairy girl, but only shave once or twice a week. When I was pregnant, I was extra, extra hairy.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:26 AM on Jan. 23, 2010

• MamaCass05- Thanks for the tip, i think i will try that. My military insurance does not cover it either but my Midwife is considered a "Spiritual Midwife" you are not allowed to pay her any cash for her services. I only pay her $10 bucks a month for her gas. She lives past seattle and i live in tacoma. about 1 hr or more drive. We just got a costco membership, so i think i will buy the vitamins there since there big and cheap lol
    aeroslove

Answer by aeroslove at 1:34 AM on Jan. 23, 2010