what would u do if DH came in late from being out with friends?

i told him to be him around 12.30...its now 1.30 n he is just calling to say hes is on the way....disrespectful right???? how would u react

secondtyme520

Asked by secondtyme520 at 1:31 AM on Jan. 23, 2010 in Relationships

• ~~~>Some women are always complaining about their men cheating and running out with the boys but wise women know we got to keep our men at home. <~~~

NO. Wise women know that a short chain makes a dog run when he gets off of it. Wise women also know not to marry men they can't trust.

Op~ I'm sorry your husband didn't come home at the time you had planned. Did you tell him that's the time you wanted him to be home? Or did you discuss it like adults and ask what time he thought he would be home? If it wasn't the latter, perhaps it should be next time.
    And be thankful that he called and said he was running late but was on his way home. Many men wouldn't even think to do that. Perhaps he had a drink too many and needed that extra hour to sober up before driving home? Perhaps there's another rational explanation? Talk to him.
    Your question is what would I do in that situation? COMMUNICATE. That's what I would do.
    AnnieMcD

Answer by AnnieMcD at 4:56 AM on Jan. 23, 2010

• It is crappy that his isn't home when you ordered him to be, maybe that it the problem. You told him to be home at a certain time. That is like a teen and curfew. They are going to break it, just to spite you. Maybe if you weren't so domineering he would respect you more.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:34 AM on Jan. 23, 2010

• Mine isnt out often, so I think I would let it slide after giving him the evil eye when he got home.
    If he was out more, I guess it would depend on where and with who. And how often he is late.
    _Kitty_kat_

Answer by _Kitty_kat_ at 1:35 AM on Jan. 23, 2010

• The first 2 times, probably comment that I had been worried about him and am glad he is finally home or something like that to just let him know how it felt to not know when he was coming home. If it became a habit I'd get annoyed, and start going out, and coming home later than I told him I would, so he'd see what its like to not know where his spouse is and when they are getting home

soccerchik8287

Answer by soccerchik8287 at 1:35 AM on Jan. 23, 2010

• ok well this isnt the first time. i never usually ask him to be home at any time...(thank u anon) but i really didnt want to be all alone all night. he goes out about once a week...and he left home about 800....i think thats plenty time to hang out and i didnt order him, i just told him i would like him to be home at 12
    secondtyme520

Answer by secondtyme520 at 1:53 AM on Jan. 23, 2010

• I can honestly say in the 7 years I have been with mine, he has not done that once. As far as I am concerned a married man or woman has not business being out at a bar without their spouse, period. And this is why neither one of us do so.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 1:55 AM on Jan. 23, 2010

• He could have lost track of the time. You could tell him that you are sorry that you miscommunicated that you didn't want to be alone. This way he feels bad because you did actualy communicate correctly with him, and you avoid a fight. Next week when he goes out, he should watch the clock as not to disappoint you again.
    moneymagnetmom

Answer by moneymagnetmom at 1:57 AM on Jan. 23, 2010

• I don't think it's that big a deal unless it's repeated behavior.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 2:00 AM on Jan. 23, 2010

• Nothing. I'm not his mother, I'm his wife
    fallnangel3

Answer by fallnangel3 at 2:18 AM on Jan. 23, 2010

• I would go to bed. And ask him if he had a good time in the morning. He is grown man. I cannot controll him, not do I want to control him.
    mom2boys1997

Answer by mom2boys1997 at 2:20 AM on Jan. 23, 2010