• In the Spotlight:

Does it hurt my baby...?

If I only eat one meal a day? I drink TONS of water, but only eat once a day. Dinner, with my husband. Will it affect her weight and development?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:43 AM on Jan. 23, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Aww hun, I empathize for you. Have you tried going to WIC?
    Lets just say this is not the best or worst thing you could do. As long as you are doubling up on vitamins, I don't see a problem. IE taking prenatals and an extra Childrens multivitamin will give you more than your daily nutrients. However, I strongly suggest not taking them at the same time, please! Take one in the am and one pm and with either food or milk.
    Also, if you need any help finding places like local pantries, etc.. just give me a yell. I can help look for you. Times are tough but please don't think there are not options out there.
    I wish you the best of luck :)
    wolfmomma30

Answer by wolfmomma30 at 5:07 AM on Jan. 23, 2010

• Why dont you eat more?
    Are you too sick?
    Is this how you ate before being pregnant?
    Have you asked your Dr?
    Try to eat, your baby needs it.
    _Kitty_kat_

Answer by _Kitty_kat_ at 1:51 AM on Jan. 23, 2010

• If you don't eat enough, the baby will take from you. So later in life your teeth will be weak, etc. Try snacks, celery and cream cheese. Cheese and crackers, peanut butter toast, yogurt, ect. That way you will get more nutrients without eating a full meal. Also it is hard to take vitamins on an empty stomach
    moneymagnetmom

Answer by moneymagnetmom at 1:53 AM on Jan. 23, 2010

• It won't affect the baby it will affect you, the baby will get what it needs from you, and can cause brittle bones, tooth loss, hair loss all kinds of horrible stuff, you need to try and eat more than that.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 2:51 AM on Jan. 23, 2010

• Well I'm about 28 weeks.. and up until maybe 3 weeks ago, I was eating healthy and great, 3 meals a day and taking the vitamins and all that. Well Hubby got unemployed for school, so going from 1600$ a week to 1300$ a MONTH, we had to cut back on food.. cause rent and car payment takes all that. So i've been eating only 1 meal a day, and they're good meals.. meats, veggies and all that.. just less. Soo, this wont affect her growth or anything? Good to know. thanks!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:14 AM on Jan. 23, 2010

• wolfmomma30- =) thanks. your answer def. makes me feel better! I do still take the pre-natals, with my dinner of course.. and if one day they make me icky, ill skip and take some flinstones the next.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:19 AM on Jan. 23, 2010

• You should try to get on WIC. That would help you out a bunch! Good luck to you!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:20 AM on Jan. 23, 2010