Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what should i do going back to school?

I am a stayhome Mom and thinking of going back to school. And here is my situation, we are not a immigrant here in USA(i don't have green card) we have a working visa(but only the hubby)we are just his dependent. I can't work . i need to apply for SSS. but i would rather go back to school. Am i considered an internatinal student and how much fee for an international student.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 1:45 AM on Jan. 23, 2010 in

Answers (7)
  • I think different schools have different rules.

    Answer by _Kitty_kat_ at 1:54 AM on Jan. 23, 2010

  • You will probably need to leave the country, and apply for a student visa. Contact your country's embassy or consulate.

    Answer by rkoloms at 7:03 AM on Jan. 23, 2010

  • Please don't take this the wrong way, but if you can't afford tuition, please go to the library or bookstore and study the English language until you can speak perfectly and have excellent grammar. My brother's wife is from another country and she has gone all through college and nobody will hire her because you can't understand her speech or writing.

    Answer by Anonymous at 8:49 AM on Jan. 23, 2010

  • Schools charge different tuition for residents, non residents and international students. Go to the school's website and look or call the school of your choice and ask.

    Answer by admckenzie at 12:03 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

  • well, i am not bragging or anything but . I already finished school in Other country. It's just i'm getting bored and feeling dumb now that i want to go to school and take something else.Speaking and writing will not be a problem to me. what i am concerned about is how much expensive. Just want to have some of your ideas. Thank you i do appreciate your response.

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:12 AM on Jan. 24, 2010

  • Hon, you say you are not bragging, okay. You do not make a good impression in your writing of English. In your Other country, how do people receive people who do not speak or write the language well? You might want to think.

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:39 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

  • I was just asking on how to get in school ,expenses and status i was not asking about any lecture. And what kind of impression should i do anyways?

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:40 AM on Jan. 26, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.