MSG while PG

I am almost 21 weeks and found out today that my favorite food(Ramen noodles) to snack on has MSG. Is MSG a big no no during pregnancy?

MamaCass05

Asked by MamaCass05 at 3:18 AM on Jan. 23, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Not that I know of just be careful with it because it can build up in your system then hit you all of a sudden and make you very sick. I had a friend who didn't know she was allergic and one day bam she was deathly ill.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 3:22 AM on Jan. 23, 2010

• MSG, and its evil sibling, HFCS, should be avoided at all times, especially during pregnancy.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:55 AM on Jan. 23, 2010

• Yes, you really should avoid msg (which is in A TON OF STUFF) when pregnant - and all the time for that matter. Check out a Whole Foods, Trader Joes, or another health food store for a different brand that doesn't have it.
    Melissa823

Answer by Melissa823 at 7:11 AM on Jan. 23, 2010

• Glad I found this post. I'm 17 weeks and I eat them every now and then.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 7:46 AM on Jan. 23, 2010

• It is'nt good for you anytime, but... especailly you you have trouble with swelling during pregnancy
    supernanaw

Answer by supernanaw at 7:53 PM on Jan. 23, 2010