how can they?

How can the nursing homes work aides short all the time ? I worked 3 halls last night ! I filled in and was just going crazy while the smokers sat on their butts with their one too many smoke breaks.I don't smoke but I take my breaks just the same.

Momoftwo278

Asked by Momoftwo278 at 6:48 AM on Jan. 23, 2010 in Relationships

• If you have a cell phone with camera, take pix of them, time and date stamped. Show management how they are wasting their money on loafers. Smokers or not, if they don't work they shouldn't get paid. There are plenty of people out there who would love the job.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:52 AM on Jan. 23, 2010

• Sounds like you should find a different place to work or go to school and become a RN and make the big bucks.
    GailllAZ

Answer by GailllAZ at 7:28 AM on Jan. 23, 2010

• report them to management, call a hotline for abuse(because abuse of the elderly is abuse and this sounds like neglect) and talk to your boss about being spread too thin. no one likes to be the narc but these people that are not getting care, they are someones grammas moms, dads, ect...ty for working so hard for them.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 8:47 AM on Jan. 23, 2010

• I'm going to take all of your advice-its a shame when theres one charge nurse who rules the roost with two aides
    Momoftwo278

Answer by Momoftwo278 at 2:04 PM on Jan. 23, 2010