Anyone know what it can be

A few nights ago my 19 month woke up vomiting, he vomited maybe 3 times that night and then that was it. He had no fever or anything else so I just thought maybe because he is teething a front tooth and a back tooth. Now tonight my 3 year just woke up vomiting. She has vomited twice but that is it. She has no fever or anything else and is up playing with toys. Of course both kids are up now at 5 in the morning. Does anyone know if this is some kind of virus and should I be worried. This is really the first time she has ever vomited so this is a bit different for her.

hosein

Asked by hosein at 7:00 AM on Jan. 23, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I dunno but I suggest trying the Bratty diet to help them, bananas, rice, applesauce, toast, tea, and yogurt. It helps with stomach issues. Good luck and make sure they are hydrated.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 7:07 AM on Jan. 23, 2010

• Just sounds like a regular virus. Feed them blandly and be glad it's not worse!
    Melissa823

Answer by Melissa823 at 7:09 AM on Jan. 23, 2010

• Stomach bugs are common in the winter and they're highly contagious. The norovirus has been spreading its way through NYC and Long Island. Just about everyone I know had a day of vomiting and diarrhea. Its been going around for months now maybe its in your area too. Google your area and stomach bugs or norovirus. I was thinking my 19 month old DD got a lighter version of it than my DH and I because of her Rotovirus vaccine. Just speculating though.

Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 7:10 AM on Jan. 23, 2010

• The only real danger is dehydration, so keep giving them water or pedialyte. Ice pops help...and keep and I out for a fever, a low grade one is no big deal and just means they're fighting the infection.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 7:13 AM on Jan. 23, 2010

• lol... keep an eye out.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 7:14 AM on Jan. 23, 2010

• Wonder where they got it from, we don't really go anywhere. As long as this is the worst of it then I think I can handle it. LOL
    I guess theres a first time for everything, I have now been broken in on cleaning up my kids vomit. LOL not fun
    hosein

Answer by hosein at 7:17 AM on Jan. 23, 2010

• hosein...I never did so much laundry in my life.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 7:23 AM on Jan. 23, 2010

• My youngest just turned 2 so when she was 23 months she did this she woke up one morning and I seen it in here bed, but thought it was something she ate cause she woke up at 7:30 fine then at about 9 she threw up she was fine running around, eating toast for breakfast and drinking water, but then at like 10am she did it again like 3 times in a row so I put her back to bed she slept until 12 then she woke up fine and stopped throwing up at like 10am, but then the day after she had direhea for like 2 days my oldest is 4.5 after my youngest got the direhea my oldest got that part of it, but that was it so I think it might be some kind of bug going around. A friend of mine said that her kids were sick just at night for like 3 days then they had direhea after that then that was it
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 8:17 AM on Jan. 23, 2010

• I would call your pediatrician or take her into some sort of medical facility that is open on weekends. It's better to be safe!
    cheshirecat77

Answer by cheshirecat77 at 9:24 AM on Jan. 23, 2010

• It could just be a mind stomach bug. Did they eat the same foods (such as one had for dinner then the next had left overs?) or something? It could just be upset tummy from bad food. It's a big gap in timing though. I'm leaning towards a mild stomach bug.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:58 AM on Jan. 23, 2010