How do you find best tips for buying house hold items?

Santa22

Asked by Santa22 at 7:25 AM on Jan. 23, 2010 in Shopping

• I often will ask on CM about particular products. I'll also google the product with pros and cons. You can check amazon for product reviews as well.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 7:35 AM on Jan. 23, 2010

• If it's a "big ticket" item I check out Consumer Reports magazine or annual summary of "the best of ___ year". I also use word of mouth and ask people I meet in my travels about things they have that I like--cost, reliability, quality, etc. On many websites where you can purchase the item, there are often reviews/ratings or discussions about the item, that can give you a pretty good idea of whether or not the product is worth it.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:53 AM on Jan. 23, 2010

• Oh yeah..just want to add you tube. Many people make home vids of their vacuum or stroller ect.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 8:25 AM on Jan. 23, 2010

• I look on retail websites .. Walmart.com, Meijer.com, Target.com, etc. I read all of the reviews, compare the specs, and compare which product is better for my money. If it comes to cleaning products then I just read the bottles and see which ones are safer for my family.

I agree with Farrahann .. Youtube is a great place to get product demonstration. Sometimes the company themsevles makes product videos, but mostly it's a tester company/person or someone who has bought the product. It's a great way to see second hand how a product works.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:13 AM on Feb. 1, 2010