I need anyone and everyones opinion Please:(

I created a website about 1 year ago, but I have only sold 10 items in this time, and yes I have spent a little bite of money to create traffic to my site. But I see where a lot of people are only spending 20 sec. on my site . PLEASE this is not to advertise my site I just need VERY HONEST OPINIONS, PLEASE DO NOT HOLD BACK on why you think this is happening. I must be doing something wrong and Sometimes we are blinded by the fact that we created this so it will succeed.If you want to give your opinion please go to the following:
http://www.RosesMall.com

SILVERROSE01

Asked by SILVERROSE01 at 8:02 AM on Jan. 23, 2010 in Money & Work

• Maybe you need to move some stuff around on the site. It seems like there is a lot of stuff on the first page as soon as you get on. Maybe make a section just about the company so the story of it isn't on the first page. Some of the words overlap each other too, the fonts should be different sizes. And you spelled Pittsburgh wrong. (sorry, Im just from there, and noticed that one). I think you have a good idea with the product, and they are really cute...I just think the website is a tad "busy" kwim?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:11 AM on Jan. 23, 2010

• nottrying to be meanbut the black background ad the rich colors make it look dark mabey try to use osme lighter colors and it ay help
    jajamama

Answer by jajamama at 8:12 AM on Jan. 23, 2010

• Ok, you wanted honest so here it is :)

1. Your page takes a very long time to load. I have a fast computer and it took awhile. That could be part of your problem. People these days don't like to wait, they move on.

2. I don't like the black background with the white writing. I personally find it harder to read. That's just me though, may not be an issue for other people.

3. I'm simply not interested in charms so I would be one of those who takes a quick peek and then leaves.

Hope that helps!!
    YzmaRocks

Answer by YzmaRocks at 8:12 AM on Jan. 23, 2010

• I completely agree with YzmaRocks.
    itsjaimiehere

Answer by itsjaimiehere at 8:21 AM on Jan. 23, 2010

• my first glance, it seems cluttered. Try to make it more simple.
    avpriddis

Answer by avpriddis at 8:23 AM on Jan. 23, 2010

• Agree with pps, ant you can't click on things where you should be able to click on them and nothing lines up right. I personally would never consider buying anything because I can easily go to Michael's and buy any charm I want for much less.
    jreneei

Answer by jreneei at 8:31 AM on Jan. 23, 2010

• I agree that the black background makes the text harder to read. Your text wrapping on "EACH CHARM HAS A COLOR COORDINADED BEADED LINE" overlaps the area below it and the number of misspelled words on the page is astoundingly unprofessional. You have frames overlapping other frames. You need less on the main page. Information on your company should be on a separate page with a link labeled "About Us," or something like that, at the bottom of the main page. I don't think the animations are necessary. The text sounds like "feel sorry for us and buy our stuff because I have medical bills and it's patriotic to buy American."  If a seller is trying to get me with pity, I'll click somewhere else. If you have unique items or competitive prices, use that as your marketing line, not this big mess of patriotic pity.

SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 8:38 AM on Jan. 23, 2010

• The first page is SO busy, too much on it. It does not appear to be a 'store' at all. When someone like me that shops online, I want simple, easy to see and use web site. If it looks complicated from the first page, I move on. Good luck!
    MSugarKane

Answer by MSugarKane at 8:53 AM on Jan. 23, 2010

• Very busy, very crowded. Try to make it more shopper friendly: brief intro, then links to pages with each sub group of products. You don't need a whole lot of animation; while you do want to draw people in, you don't want to overload them with all the cool stuff all at once. Make a separate page for your story, that way if someone just wants to look at your product and not the stories they can. Separate pages for contacts and payment methods, etc may also be a good idea. I made this page for the shop I work at on Yahoo: www.bdceramictile.com. Not trying to solicit, but the page was made using one of their template programs, and there is a section on Yahoo for free site generation. Since the site I made is for a business, the owner pays about 150 per year to Yahoo for that site; this includes domain, lots of pages, and advertising on common search engines and on Yahoo Local stuff.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 9:56 AM on Jan. 23, 2010

• yup- the page is cluttered- and Charecters should be charActers... I don't mind the background too much, but it does take awhile to load
    *also I charms are not my thing so they aren't something I would buy
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:51 AM on Jan. 23, 2010