implantation bleeding and hpt test...

Earlier this week, I got what I thought was my period. However, it only lasted three days and was very light. I took an hpt test and it turned out positive. I took another test this morning and it turned out negative. If this was implantation bleeding, how long after should I wait to test? Or was the first hpt I took just a fluke? Sorry if this isn't making much sense, I'm having trouble trying to put my question into words! Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:18 AM on Jan. 23, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• If you have normal 28 day cycles the most likely time of getting pregnant would be day 14 and implantation would be within a few days. So you would see spotting midcycle. If you went the whole 28 days then it would have most likely been your period and you aren't pregnant.

If your cycles aren't regular and you aren't charting temps or doing anything to tell when you are ovulating then you wouldn't know what the bleeding was. Implantation bleeding is usually spotting, not like a period. However, women can keep having what they think are periods and be pregnant.

I'm sorry if you are looking to be pregnant but I would believe the negative test but not drink or anything just in case. If a test first thing in the morning is positive then I would believe that and know today's test was negative because my urine wasn't concentrated enough.

GailllAZ

Answer by GailllAZ at 9:30 AM on Jan. 23, 2010

• Sounds like a chemical pregnancy to me.
    ncbirdie

Answer by ncbirdie at 12:43 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• i say wait a couple of days and retest in the morning with first morning pee use the same prand that you got a pos. result with and if you get a pos. agian call your doc. and have them re check it good luck
    lemay25

Answer by lemay25 at 5:42 PM on Jan. 23, 2010