How do you manage to get everything done n still get rest?

Mother of a 5 year old and a 2 year old, working and going to college. Anybody got any tips on how to manage it all? Think I have bitten off more than I can chew!

Marci48

Asked by Marci48 at 9:55 AM on Jan. 23, 2010 in General Parenting

• You certainly do have a heavy load. Make a list of what you have to do, and put the most important (absolutely must do) first, and then rank all the others. Those at the bottom of the list, let them slide for a while. Those at the top of the list, do first.

Answer by Bmat at 10:06 AM on Jan. 23, 2010

• And still have time to be on the computer ...

I think having young children and woking and going to college is too much. Your children are only young for a short time and something can wait. I went through my first divorce when my kids were 5 and 2 and instead of going back to work as a professional I went to grad school on Sat. when the kids were with their dad and babysat during the week. We lived in a mobile home and survived on child support, financial aid, and babysitting money.

I made decisions that left us with little money as my children were growing up so I could be with them, including homeschooling. They are now adults and think having a mom around all the time was worth having less money. I was a full time doctoral student when they were older but I was only at class 6 hours a week. I would study and write papers while they slept or did their homeschooling stuff.

Simplify your life as much as possible.
    GailllAZ

Answer by GailllAZ at 10:07 AM on Jan. 23, 2010

• You can handle it - but don't be afraid to ask for help.
    DogsMom

Answer by DogsMom at 10:38 AM on Jan. 23, 2010

• I know it seems impossible but you should have some time for yourself but most of all you have to make a list prioritize and do not be afraid to say no. I work go to college and write. I also am learning to draw for my own publishing and production company some days I have to say no. IM me any time!!!
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 4:01 PM on Jan. 24, 2010