How do you manage to get everything done n still get rest?

Mother of a 5 year old and a 2 year old, working and going to college. Anybody got any tips on how to manage it all? Think I have bitten off more than I can chew!

Marci48

Asked by Marci48 at 10:00 AM on Jan. 23, 2010 in General Parenting

• Well....I'm not entirely certain that I would be a good one to ask. I have never required much sleep. I would be interested to know how I could make myself sleep more though. I have four kids, 16-25, run a business of my own at 60-70 hours per week, run a household, and am entering college again soon.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:16 AM on Jan. 23, 2010

• Since having kids, I've learned to function w/ a lot less sleep.
    KLBrown

Answer by KLBrown at 10:17 AM on Jan. 23, 2010

• i would say, try to take a complete day for yourself. see if you can get a babysitter on a day when you have off. that way you have some time without the kids, and i know when i don't have to worry about what my daughter is up to, i tend to want to get more done around the house. turn up some music and clean. try not to push yourself in the evenings after the kids have gone to bed and do what you need to do to relax and do school work. I am not in your position. so just my thoughts.
    xtwilightx

Answer by xtwilightx at 10:18 AM on Jan. 23, 2010

• I had to let some things go, its not the end of the world if there's a pile of papers occupying space on the table.
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 10:19 AM on Jan. 23, 2010

• Prioritize and Delegate. Decide what is most important and what will have to wait or do without. Take care of yourself so you have the energy and mood to take care of what is important. Make yourself a priority as well.
    "NO" is not a word only to use for your kids. (Use it wisely everywhere.)
    DogsMom

Answer by DogsMom at 10:37 AM on Jan. 23, 2010

• i agree with dogsmom.
    binker55

Answer by binker55 at 1:20 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• prioritize - time management - plan ahead.

hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 2:36 PM on Jan. 23, 2010