How do you meet men?

I'm 48 going through a divorce and I'm wondering how single (and older) women meet men?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:33 AM on Jan. 23, 2010 in Relationships

• The best way I've been able to meet GOOD men is by volunteering to help my high school alumni association. I live several states away now so have to do all my helping online but in doing so I have to email a lot of graduates to verify their contact information. In doing that I make sure I ask about Mrs (whatever his name is). If there is no Mrs then I start asking him about what he's done since high school and we go from there. I've had some wonderful dates (even trips paid for) with great guys. I'm not looking for marriage so I let them know I just want to be friends and that works for the guys I've met but some want marriage. You just have to get out there and see what they want!

Answer by admckenzie at 10:47 AM on Jan. 23, 2010

• I met my SO on okcupid.com. I found that after I had kids, I preferred online dating. It allowed me to specify what I was and wasn't looking for, and to let them know up front that I have kids. It gave me the opportunity to get to know them thru e-mail/messaging, and eventually phone calls, so that I could get to know them without taking time away from my kids or hire a sitter, so it saved me money, time and guilt (for spending time with him instead of the kids - even though they were usually asleep in bed) if it turned out that the guy and I had nothing in common or just didn't click. Also, I would never have met my SO without it. He lives in the same town, but he's a long haul trucker, so he's on the road 90% of the time. We would have had to rely on chance to bring us together, and now that I'm with him, I wouldn't want to leave it up to chance.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 11:23 AM on Jan. 23, 2010