If my kid just peed the bed...

How do I clean the mattress?

threeeunder3

Asked by threeeunder3 at 10:37 AM on Jan. 23, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Vinegar and baking soda. Take a towel (or paper towels) and soak up what you can then pour some vinegar in the area and add baking soda on top(it will fizz) and scrub. Then soak up with another towel, the excess moisture. It's probably too cold out to air dry it outside, so just leave it against a wall or something to air dry.

You may want to invest in a mattress cover too. :)
    CinderAmethyst

Answer by CinderAmethyst at 10:39 AM on Jan. 23, 2010

• Use soap and water on the wet spot and then use Fabreze or something like that. Then flip the mattress over. You may want to get Goodnights or a plastic mattress cover if this happens often. Otherwise you'll have to get a new mattress sooner than you normally would.
    GothicMommy3

Answer by GothicMommy3 at 10:39 AM on Jan. 23, 2010

• Thanks. They usually use a pullup at night (twins) for this reason. Last night we got back so late that they were asleep in the carseats so my husband and I just put them right into their beds and I forgot all about the pullup =[

It's my fault! I live in FL and right now the weather is beautiful so I will let it air dry. thanks.
    threeeunder3

Answer by threeeunder3 at 10:59 AM on Jan. 23, 2010

• also if u sprinkle it with baby powder or the baking soda it will help soak up some of the liquid on top
    secondtyme520

Answer by secondtyme520 at 11:15 AM on Jan. 23, 2010