Is he trying to blow me off in a nice way? Should I just walk away and never look back?

It's me again, the girl who had a ons with her friend. I talked to him two days after and asked him about things changing and being friends still. He promised me that nothing was going to change and hoped that we could still be friends and that he was glad we were close. It went good. 3 days went by and I didn't hear from so I messaged him on myspace and got no reponse. He texted me at 2:30 am and told me he left his chat on and that he wasn't trying to avoid me, to text him in the morning and sweet dreams. I texted him and didn't get anything back so I texted him later on. We texted for a while like friends do and the conversation ended with me telling him that when I said I wasn't going to drink anymore, it wasn't a dig on him. I didn't here anything back. Later that night I wrote him again to see if he got my msg and he said he was at a party and asked if he could text me tomorrow. He won't cause the last 2 times he didn't.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:47 AM on Jan. 23, 2010 in Relationships

• I wouldn't put anymore effort in trying to talk to him anymore.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 10:50 AM on Jan. 23, 2010

• Sorry, but we tried to tell you this would happen. Leave the man alone. (said with love)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:57 AM on Jan. 23, 2010

• I know you did. I guess I wanted to walk away saying that I tried.

OP
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:04 AM on Jan. 23, 2010

• It's time to give up. You're coming across as desperate and clingy, even if you're not intending to. Just let it go. If he texts/calls/emails you, respond, but don't bring up the one night stand or anything related to it (the drinking comment) anymore. Don't contact him anymore, even in a friendly way. He's probably feeling like you're trying to push for something more, and that's why he's backing off. So, you back off, and show him that you don't really need him or want him. Then, just stick with friendship. And...no more sleeping with friends like that. :)
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 11:19 AM on Jan. 23, 2010

• Thanks tropicalmama. You response was very helpful and I will leave him alone :)

OP
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:25 AM on Jan. 23, 2010

• I think you need to let it go. It seems your trying too hard and wanting more from the ons then he does.
    robyann

Answer by robyann at 11:35 AM on Jan. 23, 2010

• If I were you I'd forget about him, get myself busy with other things and when he decides to write, text or whatever just be friendly and aloof. Don't get too wordy or text too much. Just keep things simple....if he wants to be closer he can make the moves. For some reason when you show a guy you don't care they want you more.....when you show them you care and you'll be there they can't wait to get away......of course that doesn't go for all guys but for quite a few. Many men need to feel in control and don't like to be held down or feel trapped or stalked or smothered. Be the strong woman you can be and forget that guy and dont let him get to you. He's not worth it....
    LynnB1

Answer by LynnB1 at 11:59 AM on Jan. 23, 2010

• He sounds like he is letting you go gently he is obviously doing his thing I'd suggest you do the same thing...He tells you to text him ONLY bc he knows that would make you feel good and what to hear but he doesn't mean it that is why he doesn't text you.
    and the only reason he text you so late at night is bc if he ever wants a booty call you will be there...that is if you did something with him already...Let him go find someone who will appreciate you. GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 12:10 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• He got what he wanted.
    Anonymous