i have an inch between my front teeth,the are apart which make me ugly lolol,,i wana do veneers or something i think its called lumenir?advices??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:53 AM on Jan. 23, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• the clear braces could help...invisalign
    secondtyme520

Answer by secondtyme520 at 10:55 AM on Jan. 23, 2010

• Lumineers are veneers it's just a brand name. Usually a diastima (space) between the front teeth is caused by the frenum attachment (the skin that is connected to your upper lip) is too long.
    To correct this you might need the frenum snipped. It's a common procedure.
    Veneers are very expensive and the natural tooth structure has to be permanently altered. The cost of veneers will have to be paid in full before the dentist will place them.
    A better alternative would be traditional braces - they will correct the problem much faster than invisalign. Braces can be paid for in monthly installments.
    Make an appointment with an orthodontist for an evaluation. Orthodontic consultations are free. The orthodontist will be able to give you options to what treatment will be best for your case. Your dentist can refer you to an orthodontist.
    PrttyMstng

Answer by PrttyMstng at 5:19 AM on Jan. 24, 2010

• prttymstng: i did go to dentist to ask for braces,he said my gum is wide and my teeth are small(like size of the tooth is small)so if i did braces they will goo back to the previous shape ,which is space between teeth,,so braces doesn't work with me,,iam sayn wat about the lumineer,,is it harmfull for the tooth,coz i saw a lady did it and her teeth are so beautiful,,but is it like going to fall or farmfull..thx anyways honey
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:06 AM on Jan. 24, 2010

• Not sure if I am following what you are saying about your gums being wide and teeth being too small. I've been in dental for 22 years and have seen many cases of a diastima between the central incisors. Braces have always been the solution.
    Was it your dentist that wants to try other treatment or have you seen an orthodontist too?
    Orthodontic treatment failure happens when the patient does not wear their retainer. In severe cases, I have seen permanent retainers placed behind the front teeth to prevent movement. An orthodontic consultation is free - it wouldn't cost anything for a 2nd opinion.
    Veneers (Lumineers) are expensive. Best results are when the front 6 teeth are done in 1 unit. They don't look right if only a couple of teeth are done. Veneers usually cost $800 to $1000 per tooth.
    PrttyMstng

Answer by PrttyMstng at 6:00 PM on Jan. 24, 2010