Who is surprised at the Spureme court ruling?

Allowing large corps. to buy candidates and votes?

Who is surprised it was the conservatives that allowed this?

Are you for campaign reform or against it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:57 AM on Jan. 23, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I want to know, whatever happened to the people's choice?....it seems like there are a lot of things that get decided by "government" and not enought voting going on. It really makes me mad!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:05 AM on Jan. 23, 2010

• I am hoping there is something that can be done on a legislative level to nullify the effect of this ruling. Giving big companies a larger voice (because they can afford to spend $10 million while I struggle to donate $10 to a candidate's campaign) than the average American is as unAmerican as it gets. Thanks USSC, you have just given average Joe no chance of getting his voice heard.
    momof3inTN

Answer by momof3inTN at 11:21 AM on Jan. 23, 2010

• Thanks USSC, you have just given average Joe no chance of getting his voice heard.

President Obama has already said they are going to try and pass something on a legislative level to combat this. This to me is indefensable

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:23 AM on Jan. 23, 2010

• You mean like the same president Obama who was bought and paid for by unions?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:56 AM on Jan. 23, 2010

• It's an outrage for both sides. Everyone should be pissed about it. Not just Democrats or Republicans, but every single citizen who can cast a vote.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 12:35 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• President Obama who was bought and paid for and blames big business,wants to do them in via taxing,promotes class warefare amoung the people and THIS decision surprises you? They figure its pay back time.
    Anonymous

• Obama wants to stop it...he and all of us here don't want Big Business, corporations to elect anyone,....in this case, you can't blame our President. But I am sure if you try ,you can find another issue to blame on him. Hehe.
    Anonymous

I agree. It isn't parties that should be pissed but the PEOPLE...although NO, I am not surprised

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 1:03 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• What Obama does not like anon is the fact that NOW he wont be able to shut out his dissenters by having the unions (SEIU) pander like they did to get him elected.NOW corps who obviously would tend to be more for conservatism because it is conservatism that is all for captalism and the free markets,president Obama is for socialism/marxism and taxing corps to death, will be able to contribute and contribute BIG.Which brings us to the conclusion of the REAL reason president Obama is worried..and you thought it is beacuse he cares about your voice...
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 1:11 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• so tnmomoffive, you are your typical conservative and are happy that corporations will now pay to have candidates placed in our government?
    Anonymous