insurance

i am 18 and currently on my mothers insurance...there is a program called pcap but its only insurance for you until the baby is born and insurance for the baby for a year...should i get off my mothers insurance and go on p-cap?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:06 AM on Jan. 23, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Why? If you have your moms insurence and she is ok with you being on it. Id stay on it. Why use what you dont need?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:07 AM on Jan. 23, 2010

• I would try to find out what the pcap offers and compare it to what you have. Here pregnant women are give insurance where everything is 100% covered. There are no co-pays and even over the counter vitamins and other things are covered. So if I had the choice between something like that or something where I had to pay $20-$45 for ever apt, I would choose that. But if what you have is better, then I would stay where you are!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:09 AM on Jan. 23, 2010

• I would also check to make sure your pregnancy is covered under your mother's plan. Our insurance does not cover our dependent's pregnancies so if one of my girls gets pregnant it won't cover any of the prenatal care for her. She has to get her own insurance.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 12:11 PM on Jan. 23, 2010