Chipped tooth :(

So I have a chip in my tooth that came from a glass bottle hitting my tooth......old coke bottles....the mini ones.....So if you can imagine the rim on the mini bottle (not too big) hitting my front right tooth, it actually chipped it!!! So i have this small chip in my tooth that I notice (oh so well!) and even though all my friends say its hardly noticeable I want to fix it. I was told that dentists don't fix chips that small......So I want to know if dentists can fill in the chip. Its jagged and I can feel it with my tongue and its sharp!! Can a dentist fill it in and smooth it out again?...I hate to smile now :( Any advice?

LynnB1

Asked by LynnB1 at 11:11 AM on Jan. 23, 2010 in Health

• if its a tiny chip they may just file your teeth smooth, if you were already told by a dentist they don't fix chips that small its cuz the epoxy won't hold onto such a small spot & w/ the location there's a good chance the fix will get knocked off. Ask the dentist about filing it down. you should be able to find a dentist that'll offer you more options then just live w/ it, keep looking & doing free consults till you find one!
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 11:14 AM on Jan. 23, 2010

• I actually haven't seen a dentist just yet because I have full time school and full time mom....I've just been told so many times by friends that dentists wont do it.......Thank you for your advice!! :)
    LynnB1

Answer by LynnB1 at 11:20 AM on Jan. 23, 2010

• Depending on the size, your dentist can use an epoxy to fill it in. I had it done when I chipped a tooth years ago. It's still there too.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 12:38 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• That also happened to me awhile back except I was drinking wine(oops;) and all the dentist did was file it down so it wasn't rough anymore.
    Anonymous